chapter 3

the following days passed quicker than expected. the next thing i knew i was one hour away from being picked up from a taxi. i was told we were picking up a boy on the way who lived in chicago illinois.

i was excited. i would hope i would get along with him. the hour passed my quickly. i was hugging and saying goodbye to my siblings and four friends.

"we'll miss you mymy."

"hey don't forget about us!"

"come back at least sometime."

"call and check in please!"

i laughed at all there little comments as the taxi pulled away from the house. edina, here we come. well actually chicago first.

it was a 6 hour long car ride. i never was a huge fan of car rides, but this one was very exciting for me.

it was a whole hour to get to chicago. we arrived at a bricked building that seemed like it was built ages ago. i looked down in my lap, fidgeting with the rubber band on my wrist.

the door swung open which startled me. "well hello there." a boys voice said. i turned to him. woah. he was-

"uh hi, i'm mymy." i said as i held out my hand. "love the name. dean portman." he told me with a smile and a wink. i just laughed.

it was quite awkward between us. i wanted to make conversation, but i had zero clue on how to do so. but he soon spoke up.

"so where are you from?" he asked. "merrillville indiana, i've lived there my whole life." i responded to him. he nodded his head.

"i've lived in chicago my whole life to." he responded back. i, as well, nodded my head. soon enough we got comfortable talking with each other.

we talked about our friends, family, how we got into hockey, and plenty of other things. i had a good feeling dean and i were going to get along pretty well.

for the last hour i slept soundly. i was soon being shaken awake. i stirred awake and i looked around my surroundings to see many trees outside.

i opened the door and walked to the trunk to grab my bags. but, they were already out and i gave dean a confused look.

"oh c'mon. you don't think i'm a gentlemen?" he asked. i laughed aloud at his comment and just shook my head. i then looked up at the tall hotel building.

we walked in together to see a man talking with a few kids who were holding suitcases and hockey bags. we made our way over.

"oh you two must be dean and mymy. welcome to minnesota." he told us in the middle of his conversation.

"very different from illinois." dean whispered in my ear which sent chills down my back. i nodded at his comment. it was the same for me and indiana.

we all had a conversation discussing how things were going to be turning out for the next few following days.

tomorrow was when we would be introducing ourselves to our new team. i was excited but nervous at the same time.

we made our way to our rooms as soon as tibbles finished speaking. all of us were exhausted from the planes and car rides we had to take.

i realized my room was right next to dean's. what a coincidence. i think we were going to have a good friendship.

i laid down on the bed and almost fell asleep but there was a sudden knock on the door. i tiredly arose from the comfortable bed and opened the door to a hyper dean.

"what did you take drugs?" i asked him jokingly. a small chuckle escaped his lips. "i wish, but i just have this sudden adrenaline!" he exclaimed loudly.

he then took my hand and ran down the stairs. i was trying to keep up but barely could since he was going ten times faster than i normally could.

as soon as we made it to the lobby, he let go of my hand and ran around even faster than before. i sat on the last step finally being able to catch my breath.

he then came running back to me and sat next to me, brushing my shoulder. a small laugh escaped my lips. "well did that get all your adrenaline out?" i asked him.

he nodded proficiently. "it sure did." he told me with a happy smile. i just shook my head at his silliness. he acted like a 5 year old sometimes. well sometimes meant all the times.

we slowly made our way back up to our rooms. as i was about to close my door, dean called my name once more.

"it was really nice making a new friend." he told me with a smile. "same to you portman." i said, and with that i shut the door.

i walked over to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. my cheeks were flushed pink, that's weird.