chapter 4

the next morning i was woken up from the alarm beeping every 2 seconds. i was confused as i hadn't set it the night before.

i made my way to the bathroom and got changed for the day. i proceeded to brush my teeth, my hair, and do anything else i needed to do.

i made my way out the room and down to the lobby to get some breakfast. the dining room they had was busy with people.

throughout everyone, i found two of the other boys, luis and ken. i quickly grabbed a few of the foods and made my way over.

"seat taken?" i asked while looking between the both of them. they looked at each other and shook their head no.

i quietly took my seat and began eating little bits of my eggs. we all made small conversation. most of it being about hockey.

later on today was when we would be introduced to the rest of the team. i was nervous to be honest.

we finished our breakfast and made our way back to our rooms. i walked over to the phone and made a call to my siblings.

the phone was immediately picked up. "hello." jenny voice rang throughout the phone. a smile spread across my face.

"hey jen." i said as i picked up a random magazine on the coffee table. "oh my gosh, mymy! how is it minnesota? how's the team? any cute guys for you? oh but please-"

"jen!" i exclaimed as i cut her off because she was just rambling on and on and i could barely catch what she was saying.

"sorry, i'm just excited for you." i laughed at her response. "well things are going great. i've already made a new friend and today we meet the rest of the team." i told her.

"my baby is all grown up." she said in a little baby voice. i jokingly rolled my eyes.

for another 15 minutes i talked with both jen and jacob. they told me how much they missed me and blah blah blah.

there was a knock on the door, causing me to have to end the call. i opened the door to reveal mr. tibbles.

"c'mon ms. crockett, we are heading over to the rink!" he told me excitedly. i could feel my heart pounding in my head.

i ran over to get my hockey bag and walked out the door behind mr. tibbles. he also announced that all my other bags were in a limo, ready to go to california.

we all packed in a different limo as our hockey bags were all pushed into the trunk. i sat next to dean and soon everyone was making conversation with one another.

we arrived to the rink in the matter of minutes. we all piled out the car, almost tripping over one another.

i looked up and i had never seen such a big hockey rink. of course i played in games, but for some reason this seemed so much bigger.

we all made our way inside, immediately feeling the coldness of the air brush my face. i walked over to the locker room, everyone else following.

we quickly got changed into our hockey gear and i was tying up my skates. i took one deep breath and made my way out onto the ice.

soon, everyone else followed after me and we all began doing laps around the rink. though we soon were stopped as mr. tibbles came on the ice.

"alright, everyone stand right there. perfect!" he exclaimed as he threw his arms in the air. i chuckled at what he said.

soon a whole other group of kids with green jerseys came onto the ice and stopped as they saw us all. they were making little comments, but i couldn't hear what they were saying.

soon another man came out on the ice, dressed nicely. they shut up as soon as they saw the man. i was guessing he was our coach.

soon luis went skating around on the ice. all i could hear mr. tibbles say was, "1.9 seconds from blue line to blue line." i was amazed at the boy.

but there was a minor problem, luis couldn't stop. as he crashed into the boards we all made our way over helping him up. "i almost had it that time." he told us as he took his helmet off.

next up was mr. cowboy, well his real name was dwayne robertson. he was the best puck handler i had ever seen.

next up was the other girl julie, who was an outstanding goalie. as we all took shots on the ducks goalie, he could barely save one. but with julie in the net, she stopped them all.

then ken was up. he skated over the ice so gracefully, i mean the kid was a figure skater. he spun around pretty quickly making myself dizzy.

but then dean came out on the ice, having to make a huge statement. his loud music played throughout his headphones and was pushing everyone over as he skated by.

then, it was my time to shine.