chapter 5

"mymy crockett. one of the best forwards, girl, i've ever seen." don tibbles said towards the coach. i rolled my eyes as he said 'girl'.

i took a nearby puck when we were shooting earlier and made my way around everyone. even one of the ducks tried stealing the puck, but i tricked him out to make him almost fall over and then i shot into the net.

but as soon as i shot, all hell broke loose. everyone was getting into each other's faces. i skated my way over, trying to see what just occurred.

"hey little lady, you almost tripped me!" a guy with glasses said as he poked me in the arms. i looked at him dumbfounded.

"it's called tricking you actually. and it's hockey, what do you expect!" i said back towards him with anger in my tone. he didn't decide to end there.

the argument went on for a few minutes until the coach had blown his whistle, tired from us bickering at each other.

"everybody freeze! we didn't come here to fight, we came here to play hockey. we're team usa. you represent your country." he told us with a stern voice.

"that's right." tibbles said as he finished. coach looked at him somewhat bewildered. he just shook his head and continued on. "now i want you,"

"to be all that you can be, right? you got to raise yourself up guys!" tibbles had cut coach off and we could all tell he was very annoyed by the man's gesture.

"alright now let's start with a scrimmage." coach yelled as he was about to blow his whistle but tibbles had once again began blabbering.

as they spoke back and forth for a minute, tibbles ended up handing over his whistle. as soon as he walked off the ice, the real play time began.

i took left wing as dwayne had taken center. easily, dwayne skated right past jesse and flipped him over to boot. as luis then came up from behind, taking the puck in his own hands and skating to the goal.

though since he didn't quite know how to stop, he himself went into the goal, taking out goldberg with him. the coach just shook his head at the boy's actions.

as luis got back up, we started scrimmaging again. this time i was able to take center and my opponent was their captain.

i was able to glide past him without even needing to push him over. i could hear bodies hitting the ground behind me quite harshly.

i passed it over to dwayne, who took it between averman's legs and scored a goal. i instantly ran over and gave him a high five.

as we continued on, one of their players, known as adam banks, was able to score a goal. though as one of the other ducks, fulton, took a shot, it didn't go as planned.

as it bounced off the crossbar, hit the ceiling, hit off the glass, and then was heading straight towards mr. tibbles.

as the woman next to him ducked, he was out of time as the puck hit him right in the head. i almost burst out in laughter, but was able to keep quiet.

we all ran over to him, needing to make sure the man was okay. as coach put something in front of the his nose, he immediately woke up, swatting away whatever coach held.

"oh, i'll have a cheesburger, fries, and chocolate shake please." the man said as he woke up. we all laughed at his comment.

the women next to him abruptly stood up. "oh i'm sorry, he didn't have a chance to introduce us. i'm michele mckay, their tutor." she held out her hand for coach to shake.

"i'm coach bombay, their coach." he said, with a little laugh at the end. "who said we need a tutor?" adam spoke aloud. everyone else, including me, agreed.

as goldberg tried his best to tell the women we didn't need school, she wouldn't budge. "yes, school will be optional. however, should you not attend, you will not be eligible to play." we akk groaned at her words.

as we all finished up talking, we made our way to the locker room. "hey is that a tattoo, is it real?" averman asked dean as he walked next to him.

"get away from me." dean said, clear annoyance in his tone. "yes sir." averman responded. before the boy left, dean even growled at him, making him run off.

i chuckled at the both of them. "wow you guys are teenagers but act like absolute five year olds." i said aloud. dean laughed at my comment.

as he was about to reply back, a loud crashing noise came from the ice. ew looked over to see guy, jesse, and fulton all on the zamboni and had just crashed through the boards.

my hand immediately met my mouth. "yeah sorry, we're okay." jesse said aloud as the coach held his head in his hands.

boy, was this going to be a long journey.