chapter 7

today was one of the first days of school. luckily it wasn't in some bum, boring classroom, it was outside with all the beautiful nature surrounding us.

the bright sun was beaming off of the lake in front of us. a small sigh left my mouth as ms. mckay spoke out to all of us.

"see in greece, they didn't have professional sports or wheaties boxes. so the athletes competed for another reason. anybody?" she questioned to us all.

goldberg spoke aloud. "falafels?" everyone laughed quietly at his answer. i just shook my head. though charlie raised his hand in the air.

she nodded her head at him to proceed. "pride." he said aloud. "that's right. various city-states waved their flags and wore their home colors proudly."

"did america always dominate?" fulton asked. everyone chuckled at his semi-dumb question. "that's a good question." dean said as he defended fulton, now his best friend.

"no, america wasn't around back then," she dragged on, "don't forget they're compared to other countries. america is still young, still forming it's own identity. america is a teenager, just like you."

i nodded at her words. "a little awkward at times, but always right there on the verge of greatness." i said aloud as i finished her sentence.

"just what i was going to say." ms. mckay looked over at me with a smile.

after another hour of going over more history, we finally were let free.

though right now, we were all roller blading behind coach who was driving in his golf cart.

"i don't know what i've been told!"

"team usa gonna win the gold!"

"usa gonna win the gold!"

"listen up and listen good."

"we're all headed for hollywood!"

today was officially the day we would leave for los angeles, california. i was excited, but nervous. it was my first time being on a plane.

i handed the man my other suitcase and made my way over to the rest of them team. we were just getting ready to board.

i talked to fulton for the few following minutes before our flight was called out. i took a deep breath before walking on.

i slumped down in my seat and just stared out the window. though i felt a presence next to me and adverted my gaze over to see dean. of course the cutest guy had to be sat next to me.

"man i am so pumped!" he yelled out as he threw his hands in the air. i giggled at his actions. he looked over towards me, though his face fell as he turned his gaze towards me.

"are you okay? you seem, scared or nervous or something." he questioned. a shaky breath left my lips. "i've never been on plane before and i am scared." i whispered to him.

"well don't worry, if you got me then you're okay." i chuckled at his words. i calmed down for a few minutes but as they started up the engine, i began feeling queasy.

small, short breaths were leaving my mouth but suddenly, a hand was placed over mine. i looked over to see dean's big hand over my small one.

i looked up into his eyes and a small smile was plastered on my lips. he patted his shoulder so i could lie my head down and i did as so.

throughout the whole plane ride, i stayed that way. i wasn't complaining one bit.

next thing i knew, i was being shaken awake. i tiredly stretched out my arms and rubbed my eyes. i looked around to see i was still seated on the plane.

i looked over to a sleepy dean as well. "c'mon dean, we gotta go." i said as i shook his arm. we both stood up and made our way off the plane.

all of us had found our correct luggage and made our way over to the very nice hotel we would be attending. as i got my key, i trudged my way over to the elevator.

fulton, averman, guy, and connie had also hopped on the same elevator. "oh would you look at that, it's my favorite teammate." i said jokingly towards averman.

he gave me one of his sarcastic smiles. i just laughed at his actions. the elevator came to a stop and we all made our way to our separate rooms.

tomorrow was when we would visit the rink where all of our games are being held. i was excited to see the rink.

as i finished everything i needed to do, i stepped outside my room to go to dean's. i could hear the semi-loud music playing from the room just a few doors down.

i knocked to see an energetic dean, though his expressions softened when he saw me. "i just wanted to say, thank you for what you did on the plane. it was really sweet of you."

a smile appeared on his face. "anything for you princess."

(sorry for slow updates!)