chapter 2

today i was deciding to meet up with my four close friends, darien katie, ethan, and honesty. i was going to be telling them the big news about team usa.

i threw on some jeans and a pair of my sisters old jordan's. i decided on a plain white t-shirt since almost all my other clothes were being washed at the moment.

i walked my way to the nearby park where we always met up at. i was the first one to arrive but not too long after everyone else came.

"well well, what's the big news about mymy." ethan asked as he took a seat next to me. i cleared my throat.

"well you guys have always known i want to do something with hockey. so, i am being a recruit for the usa hockey team!" i said excitedly as i threw my arms up in the air.

in seconds both honesty and katie were hugging me and darien and ethan were bombarding me with questions.

"everyone, just calm down." i said and they soon settled down and waited for me to keep on talking.

"i don't know how long i will be gone for. though when i get home i have to call the man back and he will tell me a few more details about it all." i said and they all nodded there heads as i spoke.

for the next hour we talked everything and anything. we first were talking about hockey and ended with darien and ethan explaining the time they had their first sleepover together. everyone was dying of laughter.

"i swear to god! i woke up and he was just staring at me." darien exclaimed through his laughs. i just shook my head.

i decided to head back home after katie said she needed to go back home because she had chores to do.

as i made my way home, i took in the scenery around me. i was going to miss this place when i left. after all, i've never left this town. now i was even going to a brand new state.

i walked through the door smelling pancakes immediately. i made my way over and sat down at the counter with a huff. my sister turned around.

"what's the mood for?" she asked as she flipped a pancake. "i've never left this town my whole life. now i'm going to a brand new state and i'm more nervous than ever." i told her as i held my head in my hands.

she soon finished and walked over, taking a seat in the chair next to me. "there's no need to worry. you'll be great and you'll make some amazing friends. it's new experiences and new adventures."

i smiled at her words. we both had a pancake and soon after i was done, i decided to make the call to mr. tibbles. it rang for a few seconds but he immediately picked up.

"don tibbles speaking." he said as he sounded excited. "hello. it's mymy crockett and i wanted to tell you that i would like to take up the offer." i told him with a smile. it was quiet for a moment.

"that's amazing!" he said with even more excitement in his voice. i laughed at his reply and we spoke for a little longer.

the conversation included where all the recruits would be going, meeting the team, and then flying out to la afterwards.

there were five other recruits, me being the sixth. one other girl and the rest were boys. i was glad i wasn't the only girl.

i soon hung up the phone and proceeded to tell the details to both of my siblings. a proud smile was spread across both of their faces.

"you guys have like the same exact smile, it's creepy." i said aloud as i finished. they both chuckled at my comment.

"mymy, i don't think you understand how proud we are of you. it's truly amazing to see how far you've come. mom and dad would be so proud." jacob told me. we all fell quiet.

tears were at the brim of my eyes, but i never let one slip. bringing mom and dad up was hard at times like these. sometimes i still don't know how we managed to get through it all. i was just glad i had both of them to help me, well we all helped each other.

"you better get packing." jen said as she broke the silence. she was right, i hadn't even thought about packing. i was so caught up with telling everyone the great news. i was leaving in a week.

i walked my way to my room and pulled out my suitcase and threw out some clothes on my bed to pack up.

as i was grabbing a pair of pants on the top shelf in the closet, a picture fell down. i picked it up to see it was my mom, my dad, jenny, jacob, and i when we were younger. a sad smile apread across my face.

i hugged the picture tightly, not ever wanting to let go. i put the picture in my hockey bag and i sat on my bed looking at my clothes.

this was going to be one hell of an adventure.