chapter two , star struck.

( 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 . . . 𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 )

 𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 )

GEORGE DAVIDSON was, to say the least, tongue-tied. Everything that had happened in the last five minutes was a blur. Except for the girl who interrupted his call. She was as clear as a crystal in his mind, her features forever engraved in his brain. Her dirty blonde, almost golden hair was slightly tangled, the strands cascading down her shoulders while bangs tickled her forehead. Her eyes were magnificent hues of hazel and green, like forest leaves after a sun shower.

Her blue crew neck was oversized but it suited her perfectly in his eyes. Although she looked downright pissed, she still had this aura of tranquillity surrounding her. He could've asked her if she had just moved in, he had never seen her before. And if he had, he surely would've remembered her. He could've asked for her name.

God, he wished he had asked for her name.

Instead, he left her outside in the hall, in a desperate and idiotic attempt to get back inside the safe walls of his apartment. George was sitting back at his desk now, his headphones back on. His two friends were arguing in the call, the two friends he was talking to before she showed up.

"Listen, I'm not saying George was murdered but at the same time—"

"Shut it, Sapnap," George said tiredly, running his hands over his face. His friends were in the back of his mind. She was in the front row, watching him as if he was stuck in a spotlight.

"He's alive!" A second voice cheered, leaving Sapnap to laugh. George sighed, leaning back in his chair, his eyes landing on the popcorn ceiling above him.

"But seriously dude, where did you go?"

"Can it wait, Dream? I'm just a little tired right now," George replied exasperatedly.

"I was just asking. You were gone for a few minutes and that doesn't happen often," Dream defended gently. George spun in his chair, slightly adjusting his headset.

"Nah, I firmly believe George ascended into a higher realm and now the Ghost of Gogy is upon us," Sapnap chuckled. Dream offered a breathy laugh as he muttered, "You idiot."

"Someone was at my door," George said suddenly, not catching himself. The reaction from his friends was general, George's sudden blurt wasn't life-changing to them.

"Was it a hot chick or something?" Sapnap joked.

"Well, I wouldn't exactly describe her that way but-"

George was cut off by Sapnap and Dream yelling frantically into their microphones.

"WHAT?!"