chapter eight , coffee shop banter

( 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 . . . 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚 𝒉𝒊𝒎 )

EVER SINCE Rory and George had played their game of 'twenty questions', both of them had been in remarkably better moods, with themselves and with each other

EVER SINCE Rory and George had played their game of 'twenty questions', both of them had been in remarkably better moods, with themselves and with each other. Rory's already bright eyes shone, even more, the sun couldn't compare to her shining attitude. The two had exchanged phone numbers after the outage, a friendship beginning to blossom. George was exceptionally pleasant, not caring about Dream and Sapnap murdering his player in Minecraft, his stellar mood maybe just a little too much.

"You're smiling right now, aren't you?" Sapnap scoffed, running around the pathways of the Dream SMP. George has found himself in a call with Dream, Sapnap and Quackity, the four were simply messing around on the server, none of them streaming.

"No," George lied, his lips curled up. Sapnap sighed audibly and started mumbling under his breath.

"Wait, wait. Why is George smiling?" Quackity pondered. Before anyone could respond, Quackity decided to provide his own answer, crouching in front of George's player.

"It's because you're friends with me, right, George? Because we're best friends, right? Sapnap and Dream have nothing on me."

"You're an idiot," George sighed. "Alex, you flatter yourself."

"He's smiling because he met a girl," Sapnap sang, Dream giggling like an idiot in response.

"A GIRL?!" Quackity screeched, George wincing as the harsh sound attacked his ears.

"And she's way out of his league," Dream responded.

"Ouch," George mumbled.

"Oh yeah, I'll send you her Twitter. She's really cute," Sapnap agreed. Quackity started giggling manically, "So, is George dating her? Or is she literally out of his league?"

"We're friends," George clarified, "We got off on the wrong note, but it's all fine now."

"More like a bad symphony," Sapnap muttered.

"Oh my god," Quackity gasped. "I just got her Twitter, she's really pretty."

"No shit," Dream snapped, frustrated that he couldn't kill Sapnap.

"Dude, how did you manage to befriend her? She looks sweet and intimidating at the same time," Quackity said. George shrugged, despite his friends not being able to see him.

"I dunno. But your description fits, although she's kind of a softie. I think if we started off right then I wouldn't see any intimidating side to her."

"Softies can be cute, fits with you," Dream snickered.

"You're an idiot, green boy."

***