chapter twelve , rory's good mood.

( 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 . . . 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 )

RORY AND George left the museum, both feeling mildly empty

RORY AND George left the museum, both feeling mildly empty. Granted, the date was wonderful for the both of them, their lips upturned and their hearts fluttering. But the potential kiss, what could've been theirs to hold and cherish, was gone with the wind. Rory was tempted to reach up and touch her cheek where George did back in the exhibit but she kept her hands in her pockets as they walked back to their apartment building in the early autumn wind.

"George?"

"Yeah, Rory?"

They had reached the apartment building, two steps away from stepping into the lobby. Rory glanced at her lacy white ankle socks and back at George's mocha irises. She flashed him her lovely Rory smile, a smile that had settled into George's heart.

"I had a great time tonight," Rory said warmly. George returned the smile, gazing down at her fondly, the two completely unaware of everything else around them. Cars drove past as darkness rolled in, stars began to shine and the moon bid goodbye to its beloved sun, which had disappeared.

"Me too, me too," George agreed, his voice no higher than a whisper. Rory leaned from her toes to the balls of her feet awkwardly and gestured toward the building door.

"Inside?" Rory asked, George, nodding with compliance. The two took the elevator up and rode it in silence until they reached their floor, to which George gestured toward his place.

"Do you want to come in? Catch a movie?"

Rory shook her head sadly, her lips set in a thin line.

"I wish I could but I'm opening the shop tomorrow, Maddy is taking a personal day. Movies tomorrow? My shift ends at two," Rory said apologetically. George nodded with understanding, "Don't worry about it. Can we start Star Wars?"

Rory's eyes lit up with glee and she jumped, grabbing George's hands. He laughed as she beamed, lacing his fingers with hers.

"I'm taking that as a yes," George chuckled.

"You guessed right," Rory simpered. "I'll see you after two."

High on adrenaline from George's suggestion, Rory stood on her toes and kissed George's cheek, the kiss brushing the corner of his lips. George stood there dumbfounded and Rory squeezed his hand with a wild grin before unlocking her door and going inside, leaving the flustered streamer out in the hall.

twitter !

reylosimp | rory :]
good mood i repeat rory is in a fantastic mood !!!
(this picture says otherwise but rory is in a good mood !!)