chapter fourteen , thanksgiving on twitch.

( 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 . . . 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 )

 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 )

GEORGE GAZED at Rory with confusion.

"Thanksgiving. American Thanksgiving. I want to celebrate it," Rory said slowly, making sure George heard every word she uttered. George furrowed his brow curiously, "I heard you. We don't celebrate that here- for obvious reasons."

"Okay," Rory sighed, "I'm not celebrating it for the actual reason it's a thing. Like, Christopher Columbus was a complete asshole. I celebrate by cooking a nice meal and then watching a nice movie with my nice meal. That's the only Thanksgiving thing I will take part in."

"Very fair points here," George hummed. "Still not sure why we're talking about it though."

"God! You're dense!" Rory said exasperatedly. "George, I want to cook a Thanksgiving dinner with you."

"How romantic."

"I'm serious! I always cooked one back home and I want to do it with you!" Rory whined. George laughed, "Alright, Rory. We can do that."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

Rory tackled George in a hug, her arms thrown around his neck as his hands rested on her back.

"You're welcome," George chuckled. Rory laughed against his sweater, "Thank you. It doesn't even have to be a fancy thing, super casual and chill."

"Chill and casual," George noted, "Got it."

"Wait!" Rory cried, breaking apart from George, to his disappointment. She paced his living room with a sparkle in her eye, a grin lifting her lips.

"I have an idea," Rory declared. George smiled at her fondly, "Well, tell me and then get back here."

"A cooking stream! We can cook Thanksgiving dinner on a cooking stream! If you're comfortable with that of course," Rory said excitedly. George tilted his head, contemplating the idea.

"You know, that seems like a good idea. I don't know what I'm doing in the kitchen though."

Rory rolled her eyes with a grin, "I'll teach you, silly. I get to meet your viewers!"

Rory then went off on a tangent about being in one of George's streams and George watched her ramble on as she paced his apartment.

"Rory, come here."

The young woman stopped her ramble mid-sentence, blushing softly. She stepped back to where George was standing and he put his hands on her shoulders gently.

"Take a breath. I was enjoying that hug we were sharing," George said lightly. Rory laughed softly, leaning against him, "Sorry, the rambling can be a bit much."