Chapter Ten: What Could Go Wrong?

"Well, we'd better get downstairs for your surprise party, Harry! Fred and George should have nicked enough food from the kitchens by now." you hear Ron urge Harry as you pop out of hidden the hole in the wall in the boys dorm and down to the hallway. 

"Sup" You jump out behind them. 

"Bloody hell Y/N!" Ron put a hand to his heart, Harry having seen you coming just laughed. 

"You'd think he'd be used to it by now" You joke motioning to iron and scribing his ginger locks.  Ron slowly sees the funny side as you continue to walk with them down the stairs. "You hair is so long, why is everyone hair so long?" You marvel, not that you minded, Fred's hair looked nice either way. Oh god, now you were thinking of Fred's hair. No. Stop. 

"You alright?" Harry eye'd you as you reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Hmm?" You looked at the boys distracted "god yess, of course, fine, not thinking about anyone" you mumble clumsily. 

"We didn't say you were" Ron chuckled, as he did the twins came in with food and drink into the common room, returning to cheers, welcomed in like heroes bringing with them Jade who had her un housed black cloak on her head. Harry and Ron saw you stare at Fred a little dreamily and laughed between themselves before walking forward to join the party. "You coming or are you just gonna stare at my brother from there?" Ron raised a brow, causing the Harry to laugh as you go bright red. 

"Ignore them" Hermione joins you as she comes down the stairs.

"Yeah, boys are idiots" Ginny said "but Ron has a point, you can't stand here staring at my brother like that all night." she teases gently. 

"I wasn't, I. . ." 

"Of course not" Hermione said gently but a huge smile on her lips.

"No and Hermione doesn't look at Ron like that." Ginny said causing Hermione to go red this time. Ginny laughed and then paused "you two need to get better taste in men." she scoffed at the though of anyone fancying her brothers. 

"Well we can't all be the girl who is struggling to choose between Harry Potter or Dean Thomas" you wink finally getting the momentum of banter back. This time Ginny goes red. 

"Why do you three look like the twins having given you something awful, you are bright red." Jade takes her hood off joining you.

"Nothing" you say quickly. 

"They're teasing you about Fred aren't they" Jade said knowingly. 

"Eh? What?" 

"Oh come on, the sooner you admit it the sooner I get my money" Jade chortled. 

"I don't, I have, I mean I have nothing to admit" you say defensively. 

"We all believe you" Ginny smiles "oh look, speak of the devil" The twins come up to you. 

"What you all stood here for?" Fred starts

"Party is in here" George pokes his thumb behind him. 

"Oh nothing, just telling Y/N she's in lov. . . " 

"We're coming" you interrupt Jade pushing her towards the cake. 

. . .  Fred/George's POV . . . 

"Did she just say in love?" Fred stared in the direction you were walking. 

"Well she was about to" George made a mental note to make fun of the redness of your face later.