Chapter Thirty Four: Death is Not The End

You're silent as you and Fred both walk beside Harry though the woods towards his fate, you felt helpless in the wake of it all, there must be something you could do. To save Harry and still have Voldemort dead, but there wasn't, there was nothing. So you walk with him, hand held tightly to Fred's. 

"We're with you Harry, we're right here" you say gently before Harry looks in the direction of your voice then bravely onwards toward Voldemort. 

"Harry? No! What are you doing here?!!" You try not to make a noise hand over your mouth as you see Hagrid tied up, his voice wobbling with emotion at the sight of Harry stood there, defenceless. 

"Harry Potter" Voldemort gave an almost croaked whisper "The boy who lived. Come to die" he hissed as Nagini joined him at his side. Raising his wand slowly, you watched in morbid horror as Voldemort cast the spell. "Avada Kedavra!" he proclaims loudly, Fred putting another hand to your mouth and keeping the cloak over you both as you sink to the ground by the tree near Harrys body, the light blinding you, both as Harry falls. Fred holds you tight, like a bouncer trying to control and angry drunk as you desperately try not to cry aloud. You look up to see Bellatrix leant over the body of Voldemort, the spell having caused him to bounce backwards himself.

"My Lord? My Lord, are you hurt? My Lord?" She quivers, scurrying around him as he tries to stand. 

"I don't need your help" he pushes away his loyal servant, she hits the ground a little, shuffling backwards as he stands, looking at the boys body. Its Narcissa who steps forwards, towards Harry, kneeling beside his head as she checks for a pulse. It's then that you see the look in her eye, of awe and shock. You look up at Fred, he's seen it too, you both look at her. 

"The boy. Is he dead?" Bellatrix asks, finally standing again. But Narcissa gently leans over Harry, whispering. 

"Is he alive? Draco, is he alive?" You hold you breath as you wait and then as if like magic. Harry nods, just a micro movement to say that he is safe and alive. You look up at Fred again, both of you unsure what will happen next, but to your relief Narcissa stands turning to the Dark Lord and looking him in the eye before lying. "Dead" she says, certain and cold. You could have kissed her in that moment, perhaps things were going to be alright after all. Fred tugs you to standing, you're confused at first but you stand following him as you silently make your way thought the woods out of earshot of the death eaters and their unknowingly weaker leader. 

"What is it?" You finally say after Fred takes off the cloak and looks at you. 

"Harry's alive." 

"I know" you both smile. 

"But Voldemort thinks he's dead" 

"Yes? " 

"So, he's going to take him and parade him to the others." 

"So what do we do?" 

"We get back and get ready, because everyone we love is going need protecting and the second Harry shows he's alive, we have round three to worry about" Fred said, his voice stern and ready for action. 

"We have to kill the snake" you look up at him. 

"Then we can kill Voldemort." 

"Simple" You shrug.

"Simple" He smiles

"Right come on, let's apperate the fuck out of here" he smiles holding an arm out for you which you link before you both disappear in a crackle of white back to school. Landing in the courtyard, just in time to see Neville dusting off the sorting hat. 

"What happened?" He asked. 

"Just, keep playing along Neville" you say as you walk towards him. 

"Is that them?"