Chapter Twenty-Four: How Lucky Are We Really?

You're on you nightly walks, a quill and parchment following you as you whisper, dictating letters  to Fred and Remus on your walks. It was a silent empty part of the castle but you didn't mind, it meant your patrols were usually very quiet. But this time, you come to a holt, hiding the letter and quill back in your bag as you spot Harry chasing Malfoy in the shadows. You watch as Harry stares at the blank wall where he was sure Draco was last stood before walking off. You wait till its quiet before walking up to the wall, you thought really hard about what Dumbledore had asked you to do, to help save a soul, you were sure that's part of the reason you'd seen so many memories of Tom Riddle as a child. As you opened your eyes, the door you'd hoped to see appeared and gently, very gently you stepped inside the room of requirement. 

"Draco" You whisper out into the clutter, the room looking more like hoarders loft than a magical room. You say his name a little louder this time, trying to hear where the crying was coming from but it stopped, the sobbing came to an abrupt end. 

"Dra. . . " You suddenly gasp as a strong arm grabs you, a wand at your neck. 

"What did you see??" His voice venomous but sad, the sound of tears in its wobbly tone.

"Nothing" You say horsily "nothing I saw nothing. . ." 

"Don't lie" 

"I swear Draco please" you plead and to this he lets you go, you leap out of the way and turn around facing him, his eyes sore but angry. 

"Why did you follow me?" He points his wand at you. 

"I came to help" You say reaching for yours but not lifting it. 

"You're a liar, you came to stop me. But you can't, you won't!!" 

"That your handy work?" You look at the tiny bird in his hand, he looks to sadly then back up "Draco, I know you haven't come up here just to kill harmless animals." 

"You don't know anything." 

"Then tell me." 

"I can't, they'll kill you too" he said and with that he ran. 

"Fuck" you mutter aloud to no one "lumos" you search round a while for the vanishing cabinet you were sure must be in here, but you couldn't find it, almost like you weren't meant to after a while you give up heading back towards you room. Ready for another day of teaching and patrols. 

. . . . . . . . . . 

Its too late by the time you hear the spell, the clattering of noise in the boys toilets you were alerted to on your rounds was a few seconds to far to get to before Harry shouted "Sectumsempra!" by the time you got there, Draco was in the water, crying in pain breathing staggered as he bleed out from the lacerations Harry had given him.

"I told you not to use that spell!! Get out, go!" you urge Harry before kneeling down in the water. 

"Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur." 

"You're very good" Snape stands above you as you continue to heal the wounds with the spell. 

"He doesn't deserve this, non of it. I know what he's like, but this, It has to stop Severus" You look up at him, your cape wet from the water on the floor, a tear stain on your face. "You have to tell me whats going on" 

"I can't" he says softly before checking over Malfoy and scooping him up to take him away, leaving you sat on the floor in shock. You were going to ram that book so hard up Harry's backside. You walk towards the Common room, being let in with permission as a teacher this time.