Chapter Twenty-Three: The Flames of Love

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock. . ."

"I beg your pardon?" came Fred's  astonished voice as the twins entered the kitchen, you chuckle as he kisses your cheek, the other still laughing. "I'll have you know both my buttocks are in perfect condition."

"Not when you were testing those. . ." 

"Aaah, George, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them." Fred spoke over you to direct from the story. You shake your head. 

"We wouldn't be doing this if you hadn't have blown half the kitchen up creating edible fireballs." You mused, Molly really appreciating the idea of you having Christmas at the flat but secretly being happy to have everyone at the Burrow. You smile over at her, before bringing yourself back to the conversation. 

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills" yawned Fred.

"And speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills, Ronald" said George "what is this we hear from Ginny and Y/N about you and a young lady called, unless our information is faulty, Lavender Brown?" Ron turns a little pink, Hermione getting annoyed only making George give you a smug side eye. Ron just looked at sprouts "mind your own business."

"What a snappy retort," Fred retorted, enjoying himself. "Anyway, what we wanted to know was, how did it happen?"

"Yeah, did she have an accident or something?" George asks his younger brother. 

"What?" Ron looks up annoyed. 

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage?" Ron throws the knife he was using to peal sprouts. 

"Careful, now!" The twins say in unison, ducking form the knife. 

"I need help! She just wants to snog me all the time, I mean look my lips are chapped!" 

"I'll take your word for it" Harry shuffles backwards a bit as Ron tries to show everyone. 

"Well if you want people to help you, Ron" George says, now throwing  throwing a paper airplane at him using magic "I wouldn't chuck knives at them. Just a little hint." 

"Who's throwing knives." 

"No one Molly, its just a very poorly timed joke" you say quickly. 

"Right well we're off to the village" George hands Fred his coat "there's a very pretty girl working in the paper shop who thinks my card tricks are something marvellous, almost like real magic" He says with a smugness Fred chuckling at his brother as he puts his coat on. 

"Pretty what now?" You look between them, it was now everyone else's turn to smirk at you. 

"What?" Fred looks at everyone and then at you "I don't think she's pretty" he says defensively. 

"The girl in the paper shop, Audrey?" George said astonished "you don't think she's pretty?" 

"Well I mean she's not ugly, she's very smiley and nice" Fred says causing you to fold your arms. "But I mean only if you like that sort of thing" 

"Smiley and nice? What am I then? Grumpy and ugly?" You retort. 

"No, I didn't, listen, she's like, you know, and you're much more, well there's no comparison really" 

"Right." You just look at him "well have fun flirting with Audrey" you walk off. 

"Oh dear" George beams "that went well" 

"That was your fault" Fred pointed at him as he follows you to the other room leaving George in fake astonishment. "Y/N. . ." 

"What?" You turn around.