Chapter Thirteen: Yule Ball

Soft music plays as you reach the door to the great hall, now kitted out like a magical wintery wonderland. Christmas Eve had never brought you to many emotions. It was always a quiet time for you. But this morning, a  letter had arrived from Remus saying that he and Sirius were safe, that he was letting is walls down with Tonks and a surprise would arrive for you tomorrow. And suddenly it had felt more like how Christmas should feel. You carried that warmth with you through the day, trying to ignore the sinking feeling you got thinking that Angelina would be going with Fred and instead, focusing on attending a beautiful ball with a dear friend. You'd gotten ready with the help of some well practiced charms to do your hair and makeup and then, slipping on Y/F/C dress, you'd span round excitedly in the mirror.

You'd not been stood by the entrance to the great hall long, when George found you. Having just finished taking the piss out of his brothers dress robes, he revealed in the fact his looked more like Harry's with that Weasley edge to the waste coat.  "Y/N" He greeted you with an amazed look on his face "you look. . ." George was genuinely at a loss for words.

"Too much? I was worried the colour didn't suit me and I . . ." you trail off as George lifts your face to meet his with this finger gently on your chin. 

"You look incredible. . ." He says sweetly kissing your cheek. You blush a bit, you couldn't help it. 

"Thank you, you look rather handsome tonight too. . . " you match him warmth and genuine complements.

"I know" he winks at you going back to his usual bravado  "shall we?" He holds out his arm for you which you link with pleasure but before you leave you see Parvati look behind you at someone and audibly gawp.

"She looks beautiful." You both look up to see Hermione and beam, she looked like a princess. 

"Yeah she does" you look to see Harry looking at Cho, you smile sadly between them and then brighten up when you catch Cedric's eyes, you wave at each other before seeing Harry realise everyone was actually looking at Hermione as she gracefully walks down the stairs meeting her date,  Viktor Krum, who like a gentleman takes her hand and they walk together into the Hall, giving you a thumbs up as she walks past. 

"Is that Hermione Granger? With Viktor Krum??" George says tauntingly to Ron. 

"No. Absolutely not." Ron retorts, as he walks his date inside. 

"We still on for that bet?" George smirks at you. 

"Hell yeah" you laugh before heading inside to a table, with your friends and unfortunately Fred is sat with Angelina. You sit down, exchanging happy greetings and complements with the Gryffindor girls and Jade. 

"This worked out marvellously didn't it?" Angelina turns to you beaming. You look at her confused. 

"That we got one each. . .I got George you got Fred" 

"Ahhh yes. . .worked out perfectly" you whisper back as she giggles looking back to the others as you roll your eyes. Just then loud music begins playing as the Champions walk onto the dance floor with their partners. You watch Harry fumble the start of the dance as Viktor and Cedric whisk their partners around beautifully. Soon others are joining in, Dumbledore and McGonagall, Mr Filch and his cat, Hagrid and Madame Maxime. Mad-Eye sits on the sidelines drinking, humming a little dancing his leg around. 

"Come on. . ." George stands holding his hand out to you "you look like your practically bursting to get up there" Your about to protest but you see Freds face and decide not to, taking George's hand you go up to the dance floor and begin to dance with George.