1

My first day of the senior year goes as expected as can be. Underclassmen were confused, everyone dressed to impress, and only half of the seniors actually showed up. All the teachers I have this year I know what to expect from them so this year should be easy. I have lunch 5th period then study halls 6th and 7th, so my friends and I have taken the liberty to use our free time to have an extra-long lunch date on the first day. We talk almost the entire time, and never about anything serious. We joke around until we go speeding back to school trying not to be late.

As soon as I walk in the doors the bell rings for the end of 7th period. I know that I have A.P. English, so I head towards the teacher I know and love. She's been teaching at the school for a long time and all the seniors always love her. None of my friends had English with me so I felt kind of alone in the crowded hallways. I walk into her classroom and the bell rings for the period to begin.

I look around confused, literally no one else besides the teacher is in there.

"Where's the class?" I ask.

"What do you mean, Veronica? I don't have a class," She says. I hurry to check my schedule.

"See, it says I have A.P. English," I show her.

"I don't teach that class anymore. I moved down to English 10 to have more free time," she explains.

"Who teaches it then?" I feel sweat starting slowly bead on my forehead from worrying.

"Ms. Wright, she's new. I'll walk you to her classroom and explain that you got confused," She says. Her words relax my shoulders as I walk beside her. She is a short stout woman and she makes me feel tall. We pace the empty halls until she walks into a class and I follow. It wasn't a very big class, probably about 15 people. The teacher, Ms. Wright, looks at me. She is a beautiful woman. Ms. Wright walks over to us, she's the exact opposite of the old teacher. She's tall and makes me feel short.

"Excuse me?" she asks politely.

"This is Veronica, she thought I was the A.P. teacher still and got confused so please excuse her for being late," the teacher explains. Ms. Wright looks over at me and smiles.

"Take a seat," she says. I look around the room, I knew the name of most of the people there but nothing more. There is one boy I see though. His name is Nathan. I go and sit next to him. We are actually pretty good friends. We are related in some way but I'm not sure how we are like 2nd or 3rd cousins or something. He passes me a piece of gum and I smile and scribble down some notes from the board.

The class goes by pretty quickly, but Ms. Wright naturally asks me to stay back. Everyone else left for the day as she walks towards my desk. She sits on top of my desk and looks down at me.

"Why were you late?" she asks.

"I went out to lunch with some of my friends and I did come back on time, but I didn't check my schedule very thoroughly because I didn't know you taught this class," I explain.

"Is Nathan your boyfriend?" She smirks. I know she saw us giggling all class.

"Absolutely not, we're actually related," I tell her. She stays silent for a moment then gets off my desk.

"Stay right here, I'm going to get something," she instructs and walks towards her desk. I try to calm my breathing down. While she's still at her desk, the most ratchet piece of trash ever to walk the Earth walks into the classroom, Liam. Liam is one of the most athletic boys in the school and he is super into me. He constantly tries talking to me for no reason and sometimes even tried to make a move. The worst he's done was unexpectedly pecking me on the lips. Everyone tries to make it seem like we are the 'it' couple but I would never date him, he is the biggest asshole I've ever known.