10

We didn't stay for long in the hotel room, we had to leave for the competition not too long after dropping off our luggage. We get to the competition which is held at some college. Ms. Wright checks us in and a lady guides me away from her. I'm taken to a room with a bunch of other high school kids, all practicing their speeches. The room was very overwhelming, a bunch of different kids grouped up, and I didn't know where to go to. All the groups of kids seemed to all come from the same school, too bad my school is awfully small.

"What's your name?" A guy with the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen asked me.

"Veronica, yours?" I say almost stuttering.

"Max, Is anyone else from your school here?" He asks. His smile is fighting for prettiness with his eyes.

"No, the school I go to is pretty small," I tell him.

"There are tons from my school, I go to North Mayfield," He says flashing those paper-white teeth.

"That's a really big school, I just go to Granset," I tell him and he immediately appears confused, "It's about 3 hours north of here,".

"So, only about 45ish minutes from Mayfield," He questions.

"Yup," I respond. His smile is extremely contagious. He glances down at his feet before looking back up at me.

"What's your Snapchat? If you don't mind me asking," Max asks almost a little nervous. I give him it and he has the biggest goofiest grin I think I've ever seen, "Sorry, I just think you're really pretty," He says making my face turn tomato red.

A lady walks into the room and delivers instructions to us. We were each given a number when we checked in and we were supposed to line up in that order. My number was 018, so I was near the beginning. I got behind a girl with lovely coils and I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and Max was there holding up his number, he was 019.

"Fate, huh?" he says. Fate. Here comes the prettiest boy in the room, and he likes me. I've never felt this feeling before. I may have had other boys try to chase me but none of them were like Max.

"I guess we were fated to be stuck together," I reply.

Everyone else in line was anxious and practicing their topic, but not us. We both talked about our schools, our friends, and funny stories. I feel like I could talk to him all day. He's the wide receiver in varsity football at his school. He, alike, is also a senior. He even won Homecoming king, but no girlfriend.

We stop talking when there are only two people in front of me. Sweat begins to form on my forehead. Soon, there is only one other person in front of me waiting. Next thing I know, I'm next. I listen to the coiled-hair girl in front of me talk. She sounded very nervous. She talked about mental illness and had some interesting points.

Applauds fade out every sound. A stage helper waves me to go on. My feet feel cemented to the floor, but they lift off, without my control. I walk on and stand at the podium in the middle of the stage. I look around at the audience, it was kind of hard to see all of them with the bright lights. Out of all the people in the seats, I quickly spot Ms. Wright.

Our eyes connect. For a quick second, it felt like just us. An announcer begins to talk.

"Veronica Holmes representing Granset High school speaking on the topic of sexuality," The announcer says over the speakers. I see Erica flash me a thumbs up and a smile. I take a deep breath before beginning my introduction...

The sound of applause arises and deafens my ears. I smile and bow at the crowd and proceed to walk off the stage. A different lady leads me out of the auditorium and down a hallway. I see a woman in heels running at me. It was Erica. She hugged me in the tightest hug, she even lifts my feet off the floor for a second.

"My Veronica! I'm so proud," She whispers into my ear. My Veronica. I smile and hug her back tighter. The lady leaves us to be and returns to the auditorium. We retract our heads, but our bodies still touch. We talk about little things for a bit until I hear some footsteps behind us. I fully back away from her and turn around. Max walks up to me and hugs me.

"God, I was so nervous, but I did better than I thought. Not better than you, though," He says flattering me. In our hug, he too lifted me off the ground. He spun me around in a circle before setting me back down. I smile and kiss his cheek, causing his smile to grow bigger.

I turn around to talk to Ms. Wright again but I see her already walking away.

"Ms. Wright!" I call to her, but she continues to walk. I yearn to chase after her, but Max is waiting for me to go inside the room.

I sit in the room anxiously. We had to have been waiting for over an hour before they finally return all of us to the stage for awards. Through all this time, Erica has not left my mind. I wonder if I made her mad by kissing Max's cheek. 

They announce the first place and not surprisingly, it's won by a girl from a big school, even bigger than Mayfield.

"Second place overall goes to... Veronica Holmes," The announcer says. My feet cement to the ground once again. I manage to get them unstuck and walk up and claim this trophy that must've been two or three feet tall.

After the ceremony, I walk around the lobby to try to find Erica. They had me take so many pictures with all the award winners. I look out the big windows and finally see her leaning against the school-owned car. I say my goodbyes to Max and a few other people before walking out the door with the big trophy.

"I won a trophy!" I shout over to her, smiling. She does not return the smile, she just gets in the driver's seat. I place my trophy in the back seat and buckle into the passenger.

"I don't think I've ever won a trophy before," I tell her. She stays silent.

"Are you going to talk? I just won 2nd place in probably one of the biggest competitions I will ever have in my life," I deliver sass to her, but she still doesn't talk. The entire ride to the hotel and even walking in was silent. I open the hotel room and walk in, I turn around and see Erica lock the door for some reason.

Erica whips around and places both of her hands on my sides and pushes me up against the wall. Her lips pushed into mine. Her hands grab the back up my thighs and she pulls me up against the wall. Her body thrusts in between my legs. I kiss her back hard and I wrap my arms around her shoulders. She walks me over to the bed and lays me down. Her hands snake underneath my shirt and pull it over my head.

I reach up my head and kiss her. I feel my hands and take off her shirt, but soon after she grabs my wrists and slams them down on the bed.

I wiggle my wrist to get out but she was not letting me go. She kisses my lips hard before moving her lips down to my neck. My breathing gets heavy as her kisses begin to go lower and lower. She finally takes her hands off of my wrists and they go red. She pulls my pants down from my legs and her hands trace the side of my thighs.

"Your body makes me go crazy," She whispers, her head close to my crotch. I lift my upper body up,

"That's the first thing you say to me after I get 2nd place?!" I say. Her hands find my wrists and pin me against the bed once again.

"God, you ruin things," She says before kissing in between my breasts. Her hand slips under my underwear and I feel her enter inside me.

"Erica," I moan and she instantly freezes.

"Say it again," She demands.

"Erica," I moan slightly louder than the first time. I look down at her icy eyes. They seemed feral like I have never seen them like this before. Her pace gets faster and I tilt my head back. I grip the sheets hard.

"Good girl," She says as I climax. Erica climbs the sheets back up to me and kisses me hard before putting her fingers in my mouth. 

"My Veronica," Erica then whispers grabbing my face and pulling it in towards hers.