13

That car that stalked my house and followed me at the party wasn't a high schooler. And I know this because I asked everyone at the party if they knew anyone that left early and nobody did. It's either a student who wasn't invited or some creepy adult.

As soon as I got home from the party, I stayed out in my living room with the lights off. I sat near the window ready to take a picture of the car if it came by. It was almost 02:00 and I knew I had to go to bed sometime, but I wasn't ready to give up.

I scrolled through my phone bored, waiting for what felt like hours. I look up and see a beam of light flash across my wall. I only peek my eyes from above the window and see none other than the car that has been stalking me. I quickly raise my phone and get a few pictures as the car drives around the cul de sac. The car leaves and I feel satisfied. I look at the pictures...

ZWR 837.

My heart lights up. I finally have the license plate number. I get up and walk to my room ready to pass out and feeling accomplished.

The Monday back from the weekend was uneventful. Everyone was being stupid and talking about the party so we had to have an assembly about underage drinking. Today in English, Ms. Wright looked at me multiple times and even called on me. I think we are better now. I stayed after school with Ms. Wright because 1. I didn't understand the lesson at all, 2. I missed her.

"Before we go over the worksheet again, can I go to the bathroom?" I ask.

"Yes," she sighs. I almost skip out the door because I love going to the school bathrooms. Everyone hates them but I love the chaos. Every day in a different class I like to ask to go to the bathroom just to see what's happening, never do I actually go potty. I walk into our common bathroom and I see the funniest friend group I will ever know. It's small, it consists of three people, they aren't that popular but I love hanging around them.

There's Aidan and he's the staple gay of our school, why is he in the girl's bathroom? I don't know. Being in a small town there aren't many queer people and he is the only person out of the closet. Then there's Gia, she has a punk style and always wears doc martens that I'm jealous of. She is known for being the most brutally honest person you could ever meet. Everyone calls her a lesbian but she always denies it. Lastly, there's Sabrina. Sabrina is the class clown, and there is only one word to describe her, chaos. She is the kind of person to set a garbage can on fire and keep jumping over it until her pants catch on fire. I might just say that because she has done that before.

"Veronica! Did you hear about Emma?" Aidan gossips to me.

"What about her?" I ask genuinely not knowing. They all gasp.

"You are one of her best friends and you don't know?" Gia asks me again.

"No, I don't think I do. What is it?" I ask sitting on a sink beside Gia.

"She's pregnant," Sabrina blurts out. I felt the color leave my face.

"Do you know the baby daddy?" Aidan asks.

"No... Unless," I lead them on.

"Tell us," Sabrina begs.

"Friday night, there was a party and she hooked up with some guy from North Mayfield," I tell them, "I don't know his name though,".

"Ask your boyfriend," Gia tells me.

"How do you guys know about him?" I quickly react.

"Everyone does, you guys are cute together," Sabrina tells me. I sigh, I swear this group is the first to know about everything in this school.