A Certain Band

I looked through my closet for something to wear. I had way too many clothes but still couldn't find anything to wear for the concert tonight. Everything seemed to fit wrong or look weird. I didn't want to admit it but I liked Alex...like a lot. And I sure as hell wanted to look good tonight. I wondered what kind of music his band makes. It better not be death metal.

After looking for what felt like hours I decided to just wear black baggy jeans and a white shirt. It was kinda boring but I didn't want to overdo it or look like I was trying hard. Oh well.

I looked at the clock and realized that it was already 7:25. I would have to leave soon. I just put my hair down and it looked messy. I hope people think that it was intentionally supposed to be like that. I grabbed my phone and Alex's black leather jacket. I really needed to give it back even though I didn't want to. I quietly left through the front door so mum wouldn't have time to ask me questions about where I was going or who I was going with. I didn't feel like explaining it to her and I don't think she would be very fond of the idea of me going to a pub to see a boy who I had just met play with his band.

The pub wasn't too far and I got there at around 8. There was quite the lineup. Wow, they must be pretty well-known and decent players for this many people to see them. Most of the kids were probably from school and seemed around my age.

I felt kinda insecure standing alone in line when everyone around me had come with groups of friends. As I was looking at the sky I felt my phone beep in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that someone had messaged me.

8:05pm

alex guy: Hey are you here yet?

me: Yep I'm waiting outside :)

alex guy: Go to the back of the building and you should find a door. Enter in from there :)

me: Alright see you soon

I guess I was gonna be able to meet him backstage. It was nice that he was letting me come backstage instead of making me wait outside in the cold like everyone else. Wow getting to meet some cute band guy backstage at one of his shows that he had personally invited to.

I walked and turned the corner of the building and found a door that had a "Staff Only" sign on it. Was this the right door? I guess I was gonna find out.

I knocked on the door and heard a voice that was definitely not Alex's go "Who is it now?" They sounded annoyed.

"Um, Charlotte," I replied awkwardly. I didn't know what else to say and felt like an idiot.

Right before I could turn around and walk away I heard Alex's voice say "No let them in," from the other side of the door.

The door creaked open and I saw a tall young man around my age with chin-length hair open the door.

"Hey. You actually showed," Alex walked in from behind him. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a black shirt and was looking great...as usual. "Now come inside before you freeze your butt off," He joked as he grabbed my arm and basically pulled me in the room.

"Hi. Of course I showed. Couldn't miss it," I awkwardly joked back. There were three other random boys in the room and a few girls too.

  "Wow you actually decided to wear a jacket this time," he laughed.

"Um this is actually yours," I half smiled as I took it off and held it up for him.

"Oh well, it seems it is," he smiled getting a closer look at it. "You didn't have to give it back y'know. And honestly, I think you pull it off better than me."

"No, you've already done enough things for me. I don't need you to give me your jacket too."

"No please keep it. Also, I don't think you've thought of your way back home? You'll end up needing it again," he grinned.

Before I could say anything else he held a finger up to my lips. "Nope. You will take the jacket and that's that. Anyways we have more important things to talk about. Like how I need to introduce you to these guys," he said holding his hand up to the other three boys who looked like they were practicing for the stage.

"The guy on the drums is Matt. The guy on bass is Nick and the guy on guitar is Jamie. That's basically it I guess," he said shrugging.

It seemed that Jamie was the one who had opened the door for me.

"And what do you do?" I said turning to him.

"Oh um, vocals and guitar sometimes I guess," he put his hands in his pocket. I noticed that he did that often when he got awkward or nervous.

"Guys this is Charlotte. She goes to the same school as us and she's pretty cool so I decided to invite her," Alex said to the other band members.

They all said their hellos in unison and that was that. Based on what they were practicing they didn't seem to be a death metal band...thank God.

                                                                          ***

I had watched their performance and they were pretty good. I even found myself picking up on some of the lyrics and shouting the chorus with the rest of the crowd but from backstage. When the show was over everyone was cheering. No wonder there was such a lineup. Alex was a completely different person on stage and even though he was still slightly awkward (which was expected since he was a teenage boy) you could see that he was really in his element.

"You were amazing," I said to them the second they got offstage.

"Thanks, but ya really don't have to kiss up to me," he said.

  "I'm not kissing up to you, ya bloody idiot," I said lightly punching him in the arm. "You were actually pretty fucking good. All of you were," I said turning to the rest.

"Thank you, Charlotte. That's really fucking kind of you but Alex here is little miss. perfectionist. No one can convince him that he's good," Jamie joked. Everyone laughed.

"Oi fuck off," Alex said looking down embarrassed.

"You need to be less humble and learn how to accept compliments," I laughed.

"Yea yea sure whatever," He rolled his eyes. We all sat down in the small room backstage and some of the other girls I had seen earlier introduced themselves.

I got along pretty well with two of the other girls named Louisa and Olivia. Apparently, Olivia was dating Matt. We all just ended up getting really drunk with alcohol that they had managed to get with their fake IDs. Flirting with the cashier seemed to be what really helped them buy the alcohol though. It was the most fun I had had in a while and I finally had found my own group of friends.

  Alex and I ended up sneaking off outside and smoking the pack of cigarettes that I had stolen at the party the other day.

"You know I really like you Charlotte," Alex grinned looking at me with a cig between his fingers.

"I really like you too," I smiled back, not getting the hint. "I'm really glad I was able to meet you all and become friends."

"No Charlotte that's not what I mean for fucks sake," he said blowing out the smoke.

"Then what do you mean? You're gonna have to be more specific than that," I smirked.

Before I could say anything else Alex had pinned me against the wall outside. I could feel his warm breath on mine. It was slow and steady. He could definitely feel my breath freeze.

"Um Ale-" but before I finished my sentence his lips came crashing on mine. I quickly pushed him off.

"Oh my God, Charlotte. I'm so sorry. I've had way too much to drin-"

This time before he could finish talking I put my lips on his forcing him to be quiet.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter again :(((