Some Stupid Boy

I awoke on a couch with a thin blanket. I looked around and saw that Louisa and Nick were sleeping on a couch too. I also saw a shirtless Jamie and Matt lying on the floor in deep slumber. Olivia was passed out in the kitchen. Slowly memories of last night started to flood in. We had all gotten drunk as fuck and decided to go to Olivia's house because her parents weren't home. As I got up the blood rushed to my head and the room started to spin. I felt like throwing up. This was probably one of the worst hangovers I had had in a while now. I had also kissed Alex. Omg. I had kissed Alex fucking Turner. Alex fucking Turner had kissed me. I felt something under me vibrate. It was my phone.

"Mum," the screen read. She had called me at least fifteen times. There were also like fifty messages all from her. I sighed and picked up

"Hello?!? Charlotte!?!?" A worried voice yelled from the other side of the phone.

"Hey, mum. Sorry I didn't pick I went to a friend's house after yesterday's concert," I said, trying to calm her down. "And I had fallen asleep the second I got there so I didn't see your messages."

"Thank God you're alright. You better pick up my calls next time and tell me before you disappear and go to a friend's house. I was worried sick!"

"I will I'm sorry. I'll be home soon."

I looked at the clock on my wall. It was nine. I noticed that Alex was the only person I hadn't seen so far. I also noticed that I was still wearing a jacket and shirt and had apparently taken my pants off some time last night. I looked around trying to not wake anyone up. I found my pants near the door and quickly slipped them on as I walked into the kitchen. Olivia was starting to wake up.

"Good morning," she yawned.

"Mornin," I replied rubbing my eyes.

"Did we all make it back in one piece? Should I do a headcount?" Olivia joked.

"Everyones here except for Alex," I replied. I wondered where he had gone.

Before we could say anything else a blonde girl walked into the kitchen. She was wearing a short dress and her mascara and lipstick was a little smudged. She still looked absolutely stunning though.

"Oh mornin Allysa. I didn't know you had also slept over," Olivia asked confused.

"Morning love. Ugh I need a coffee. I barely slept last night because of you know who," she smirked.

"I swear to God you and Alex better not have had sex on my fucking bed last night," Olivia replied looking like she was about to throw up.

Alex!?!?!?! I thought to myself. No, it can't be.

"What of course not! Or at least I don't think it was."

"You two are actually disgusting. Now I've got to wash all the bedsheets in the house before my parents get home. Great," Olivia scoffed.

"Lighten up a bit, Liv," Alyssa joked.

"Easy for you to say. You were getting laid all night."

Alyssa just jokingly rolled her eyes as she walked towards me.

"Hey. Sorry, but who are you?" she asked looking me up and down. "And why are you wearing Alex's jacket?"

Shit. I had forgotten that I was still wearing Alex's jacket. Who was this girl and what was she doing sleeping with Alex? Especially after what happened last night. She was pretty, way prettier than me. It was obvious why Alex had slept with her.

"I'm Charlotte. And he gave it to me," I awkwardly replied.

"Oh, the new girl. Anyways I've gotta go," she said as she grabbed her heels and walked out. She didn't even end up taking coffee when Olivia had taken the time to boil water.

"Who the fuck is she?" I turned to Olivia the second she walked out.

"Just one of Alex's stupid exs. She a fucking pain in the ass but just kiss up to her and she'll leave you alone," she smiled.

"So if they aren't dating anymore why is Alex sleeping with her??"

"That's just Alex for ya. He shags his exs a lot. You probably shouldn't get too attached to him. He just isn't worth it. And I'm telling you this as your friend. I've known Alex for quite some time now," she said patting my shoulder.

"And why are you telling me this? I don't like Alex, if that's what you're implying," I said crossing my arms.

"Oh, Charlotte. I've seen the way you look at him. I've seen the way he looks at you. He literally gave you his jacket and has been eyeing you ever since ya moved here. He also had lipstick marks all over his face last night quite similar to the shade you're wearing right now," she smirked.

"God Olivia," I said covering my face. "What it really THAT obvious."

"Yeah kinda. Anyways want some coffee since Alyssa didn't take any? Or something to eat?" she said changing the subject.

"No, it's fine. Told my mum I'd be home soon anyways." I had lost my appetite after hearing what I had just heard and I also had quite the hangover. I just wanted to lay in bed alone and get away from everyone. I also didn't want to run into Alex.

"Oh alright then."

As I was about to leave I realized that I was still wearing his stupid jacket.

"Oh, and can you give this to Alex?" I said as I slipped the jacket off.

"Um yea sure just leave it on that chair," Olivia replied as she took four eggs out of the refrigerator.

I walked home feeling like shit. Just when I thought me and Alex had something it all turned out to be fake. He had probably only kissed me last night because he wanted a quick shag. Nothing more. And when he found out that we weren't gonna have sex he just ended up sleeping with one of his exs instead. I guess it was just that easy for him to replace me. I don't know why I was so upset. It's not like Alex and I were dating or anything. It was just a stupid kiss. But then why did he tell me that he really liked me? Did that mean nothing to him? Did he only say it because he had way too much to drink?? All these thoughts of him flooded into my head.

The second I got home I threw off my shoes and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. After showering and getting changed Alex and last night was still the only thing on my mind. He hadn't even texted me, asking me where I went or why I had just decided to abruptly leave. He didn't care. So why did I care so much? He was just some stupid boy. Some stupid boy who I didn't even realize was sitting next to me for the past few months until a few days ago. Some stupid boy who had fucked his ex right after telling me that he liked me. Some stupid boy that had given me his jacket at a party because I was cold. Some stupid boy that had driven me home safely after that party. Some stupid boy who had made me feel like I was floating when he had kissed me last night. Ugh. I hated how much I wanted him. I hated how I wanted him, knowing that he didn't want me.

Cornerstoneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें