505

We walked back to mine in the cold. It always seemed to be cold in England. I couldn't wait to be in the warmth of my own home.

"I'm really sorry about the whole thing that happened today by the way. It's so fucking stupid and unfair," Alex looked at me and moved closer so the back of our hands touched each other as we walked.

"It's whatever," I said. I was trying really hard to act unbothered but Alex could see right through my act.

"No, it's not, Charlotte. That shouldn't have happened to you. You're so kind and basically perfect. I can't even fathom how people could see you like that," he said, suddenly serious.

"Thanks, Alex, but I'm far from perfect," I laughed.

"I wish you could see yourself the way I do," he put his arm around me and let it rest on my shoulders. I was suddenly warmed up. "In my eyes, you're perfect."

I could feel heat rise to my cheeks and my face flush bright red. He didn't know what his words were doing to me.

"You're just teasing," I jokingly punched him in the shoulder.

"Why would I tease? It's the truth," he smiled.

I smiled down at the floor to hide my very red face.

After a while, we stopped in front of my house.

"505," Alex read my address under his breath.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said as I walked inside.

"See you tomorrow, Miss Charlotte," he waved.

It was so hard to stop liking someone like Alex. I was falling for him again. I wanted to push him away and kiss him at the same time.

"What's got you smiling like that," Claire said from the kitchen, with her arms crossed. She was with mum.

"Woah since when did you come home early?" I asked, genuinely surprised to see her.

"Since now but that's not important. What are ye grinning about? Or who should I say," she smirked and walked towards me. God, she knew me like the back of her hand.

"Nothing," I nudged her.

"What're you two bickering about," Mum looked at us.

"Charlotte has a crush on someone and won't tell me who it is," Claire laughed.

"I do not!" I pushed her.

"Liar!" she pointed at me.

"You're so fucking annoying!" I said as I ran upstairs. I heard her and mum laugh from the bottom of the stairs. She was right though. Claire always seemed to be right. It was a blessing and a curse.

I got into the shower and let the hot water almost burn my skin. Alex had called me perfect and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wished he would stop messing with my heart. He didn't know the impact his words had on me. I felt like I was floating when I was around him. I didn't know if I wanted to tell Claire about Alex or not. I wanted him to myself. It was selfish but I couldn't lie to myself.

I walked downstairs with my hair still wrapped in a towel. Mum and Claire were sitting down and watching a film together. It was a strange sight. Claire never seemed to be home, always out and sleeping over with friends. It was nice to have her home for once. I sat next to her and rested my head on her shoulder.

"This feels so strange," I quietly said.

"What?" she replied.

"Having you home for once. When was the last time you sat on this couch?" I questioned her.