Not Alright

I woke up to the sound of snoring. It was weird because I would usually wake up alone. I turned to see Claire's bare figure lying next to me. Neither of us were wearing our shirts. Her chest would rise and fall and it made me wonder how somehow still managed to look so good while snoring. I got up to shower and tucked Claire in properly so she was covered. I tried hard to not wake her as I went to get a towel.

As I stepped into the shower, my brain started to actually function. I could barely remember anything from last night. I knew that something had happened between me and Claire and I didn't know what to do now or how to feel about it. What would Charlotte think??? Fuck. I had forgotten about that part. I wasn't willing to admit it then but I was going to admit it now. I was madly in love with her. I was madly in love with Charlotte. I was madly in love with Charlotte and had instead fucked her younger sister while she was in a different city. Guilt swallowed me and I felt myself just standing there in the cold shower, thinking of her.

When I had gotten out, the house was empty again. Claire must've gone while I was showering. The imprint of her body was still wrinkled on the sheets. I had fucked up. Big time. How could I do this to myself? How could I do this to Charlotte? I can't believe I was calling Brian a dickhead last night just to do this. I was lost in my train of thought until I felt a buzz in my pocket. It was my phone.

Claire: Party at Kate's tonight. Will you drive me? This was weird. Why was she acting like everything was normal?

Me: Yea sure I replied trying to match her energy.

"And then I told Olivia that it wasn't a big deal and she got all bad," Matt was talking about an argument he had gotten into with Olivia and how they were going to break up but if I was being completely honest I really didn't care much. Obviously, I felt horrible for Matt but I didn't even like Olivia that much and they probably weren't going to work out once we moved to London. We had found a label company that wanted to sign us and had decided to do it. I was going to graduate in a month and we were going to be in London in a few months so I felt that Matt really had no reason to be upset.

"That sucks mate," I patted him on the back. "I heard that there was a party at Kate's tonight. We can get pissed and forget about everything," I gave him a grin.

"Fuck yeah. I really need to get my mind off things. Anyways, have you found a bird?" Matt suggestively wriggled his brows.

"Nah I don't think I'll be in a relationship in a while. Dunno how it will end up working out if I just end up leaving for London," I shrugged.

"What about that Claire girl?" he smirked.

"Fuck off," I shoved him. "She has a boyfriend."

"There's no way she's still with Brian after what happened last night. I saw you two leaving together," he laughed.

"She just needed a place to stay for the night, that's all," I shrugged again.

"Stall the fucking ball. You're telling me that Claire slept over last night and you didn't even fucking tell me?!?" Matt pushed me.

"It wasn't like that," I lied. It definitely was.

"So what you're saying is that this really pretty girl stayed the night at your place and nothing happened?" He raised a brow.

"Yup," I replied. "The truth and nothing but the truth."

"Don't believe you but whatever, none of my business I guess," He shrugged.

"Oh and that reminded me, I can't go with you because I have to drive Claire. I'll meet you there though."

"You fucker. I fucking knew it. There's definitely something going on between you two," He basically tackled me.