Home Again

"The Domo... A foreboding atmosphere fills the air. The eery stillness fills our lungs." 

"Kingo what are you doing? You're creeping everyone out." 

He simply indicated to Karun who was walking backwards filming everything Kingo was saying. Meda rolled her eyes and gently nudged Druig who shook his head laughing silently.

A loud pop caused everyone to jump and Phastos to shriek.

"Oh god stay calm. Thena please stay calm." 

Thena bent down to grab what she had stepped on. 

"It's just chips..."

Everyone turned to look at Phastos who looked slightly embarrassed. Kingo motioned to Karun to turn the camera back to him.

"As you can see being an eternal does not prevent you from having human emotions. Such as cowardice." Phastos glared in Kingo's direction but continued forward, following the trail of junk food that lead to the lab. Phastos' face dropped when he entered the room, seeing the state of chaos it was in.

"What is she doing? Is that a sarcophagi in my lab?" 

Makkari was draped across a throne of some sorts speed reading a book from the immense pile in front of her. Looking up with a huge smile on her face she signed to the group.

"Finally time to go home?"

Everyone looked at each other not sure what to say. Kingo stepped forward and led Makkari to a side of the room to explain what was happening. Phastos got right to work as the rest of the team began to search through Makkari's collection of knick knacks. 

Meda searched through the piles that cluttered the lab, seeing things from all over the world and from all different time periods. Meda picked up the helmet from a suit of armour in the corner and put it on. 

"Hey Meda?"

Meda pushed up the helmet's visor to see Druig looking at her amused and holding out a Twinkie. She gladly accepted before noticing that Ikaris was holding the tablet that Makkari had always been searching for. She nodded her head in Ikaris' direction and Druig nodded walking over to trade the snacks for the tablet.

"So how did you manage to score this emerald tablet, oh great and beautiful Makkari?" Druig said pulling Makkari in for a hug. "Did you miss me?" 

"Of course I did. I hear you're getting us out of this mess?"

"Yeah he's finally going to be doing the ass kicking for once, we get to take the day off," Meda said laughing. 

"I've been sitting around bored for the last couple thousand years. I'm itching for a good old fashion fight."

"Guys, huddle up I think I've got it," Phastos' voice rang out through the lab

"Guys, huddle up I think I've got it," Phastos' voice rang out through the lab. Everyone gathered around to see what he had been working on. With a few more flashes of golden light Phastos held his hands out holding a ...

"It's a bracelet. You made us bracelets?" Phastos glared at Druig before continuing with his explanation.

"A little celestial 101. Celestials are the most powerful energy generators in the universe. When Arishem made us, he imbued us with infinite cosmic energy. The bracelets in theory should allow us to share this energy between us. They hopefully will be able a to connect us all meaning that one of us could become immensely powerful pulling the accumulated energy from the rest. Forming.... A Unimind." Phastos paused looking at the rest of the team for some kind of reaction, but everyone just stared back blankly. "Uni meaning one... mind meaning mind."

"Oh no, we heard you the first time, it's just a terrible name. Everyone brainstorm... Wait brainstorm! That's a way better name," Kingo spoke up.

"No, I invented it so I am calling it whatever I want."

"Let's say Druig succeeds in putting Tiamut to sleep what do we do next?" Sprite said putting a stop to the bickering.

"We find humans a new home on another planet," Sersi said, ever the optimist.

"Are we building a big ship too? Take a pair of each animal." Meda elbowed Druig as he said this but he didn't react, he simply continued to stare at Sersi.

"You know what's never saved the planet? Your sarcasm," Phastos said with a glare.

"Space colonization could take decades," Sprite said once again trying to stop the petty squabbles. Sersi stepped into the center of the team and continued speaking.

"It can happen quickly with our help."

This seemed to be a good enough answer for most members of the team but Kingo who had been sitting quietly for too long finally had to butt in.

"What if we accidentally end up killing Tiamut? We can't be responsible for billions of lives not being created across the universe. Right?" He looked at the rest of the team trying to get some sympathy but no one jumped up to agree with him. "Say something Icarus. You don't think we should be doing this." 

"Ajak chose Sersi to lead us. Sersi should decide," Sersi smiled at Ikaris but Kingo was not willing to accept that.

"Forget who Ajak chose. You are the strongest, you should be making this decision." 

Sersi looked to Ikaris, Kingo looked to Sprite, Meda looked to Druig, and Phastos just looked at the invention he still held in his hand. No one was sure what to say or do. Ikaris left the room, Kingo and Sprite following not far after him, leaving everyone else to decide what to do next.