Cat And Water 2

Taehyung went on about his day, the second day after he heard about the Contest, but didn't participate.

He walked back to the common park, to complete the painting he had started yesterday. The way he walked, he strolled past a strong power.

Curious, he went near the path to see an invisible trap with magic, that could potentially kill someone.

But he knew what his was about, as soon as he saw the beautiful black cat with a key in its collar walk right next to the trap.

Taehyung threw in his favorite brush that he had in his hand before the cat could, the brush blew up except for the metal part.

He took a minute to mourn over his brush but saw the cat look at him curiously.

He smiled before he went away.

He cat went away too. Taehyung finished his art and went his way back to the studio.

He didn't want to participate in this Contest after he saw how brutal and cruel their methods were. If his love for someone had to come with someone else suffering then he would rather live alone.

His power being the water, his parents chose his job for him at an early age, telling him to join the healer guild.

But he couldn't, he left to start his own studio and his parents felt proud that taehyung was a famous painter in town as he had amazing talent in capturing the right expression and face features.

He opened his studio door and sat down giving the painting final touches, but the sound of something tapping reached his ears, his face perked up to see something near the window

He got up and opened the window to feel a cold mid day breeze as he did, and looked at what made the noise.

To his surprise, it was a cat, but when he saw a key on its collar, he knew who's cat it was.

What really caught his eye was a brush that the cat clenched on its teeth. It slowly lowered its head and placed the brush down on the window frame and pushed it towards taehyung with its paw.

Taehyung stood there frozen, confused. He took the brush in his hand and noticed a symbol, a symbol that belonged to the witch's shop.

He was confused but thanked the cat and ruffled its head and the cat watched the man rub its head. His hand casually lowered hearing the soft purr although it wasn't his intention, so when his hand touched the collar, his hand froze, then he retracted his hand from the key.

The cat gave him a skeptical look then jumped down and walked away.

He figured the witch had sent him a gift for saving his cat.

But this didn't stop just that day, everytime he helps the cat it would bring something for him that night. It's like the cat was instructed who to trust. The cat brought a beautiful pebble one day, a newly fallen flower, a lighter, a symmetrical leaf, and much more.

He would save the cat a lot of times, give it treats while doing so, he saved it when they laid a trap to fall in a pit, or when there was automatic arrows that shoots when touched, Tae froze the shooter before it could.

It was quite unusual that the cat would always get in trouble only when taehyung is there. But he didn't mind it much as he grew fond of the little cat that seemed to have taken a liking to Tae too.

Two weeks passed of taehyung saving the cat occasionally and not seeing Jungkook's beautiful eyes that held a brown galaxy.

He didn't try to get the key, so if he visited jungkook does it means he disturbed him? After a long time of contemplation, he decided to go visit the witch's shop with buying a new colour paint as his excuse.

He entered the shop as a bell chimed, the cat with the key, he saw not long ago was on his lap snuggling as jungkook ruffled its hair.

"oh what can I get you?"

"I was just wondering if you have any new colour paints, I seem to be out of ideas, I thought this would help" taehyung smiled as he said that, a smile that automatically reached his lips when he saw him, his eyes that glistened.

"oh actually I do. I found a way to mix the lavender to the whites. Do you wish to see?" jungkook smiled as he reached for the shelf as brought a box down and showed it to him.

"beautiful! I wouldn't get this colour if I mix it with other paints, this looks very original" taehyung chimed, he was indeed impressed, it wasn't just to make him feel good. As he saw it he knew he had to paint jungkook in between a lavender patch. Although he wouldn't dare ask him for that. He bought it and was about to leave when a man approached jungkook and spoke

"I have the key!"

Taehyung's eyes widened as he heard the words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^ㅅ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second part!!

Will post the third part tmr~

Borahae 💜