۞ 𝕺𝖓𝖊

Amid the school's parking lot, heavy feet dragging along the other with fire. Cross under the summer sun her golden hair bounces freely every step. Yet her face plaque the annoyance from the demon she dragged. Star mumbled—

"Nope nope nope nope nope.
You need to leave, right now."
Star flung him back inside his carriage. Tom sat there and received a burning piece of wood from Star.

"Take your carriage, and fire, and dead horse; and go back to the underworld." The blonde girl pointed at the skeletal horse in front of the carriage, and the skeletal horse asked.

"Wait, I'm dead?" Aghast, the skeletal horse turned to the ex-couple.

Star didn't care and turned around to leave. Tom, rolled his eyes and stump his foot on the burned ground because of his fire at where he parked his carriage in the handicapped area.
"Awe, come on 'starship'."

Star's eyes widened when she felt a flaming heat beneath her feet and she was slowly lifted up and into the demon's arms.
"It's the blood moon ball. It only happens, once every six hundred and sixty–seven years." Tom floated in the air with her in his arms and tilt like a dance. Star flipped out of him and fretted at him.

"We broke up. Period." She turned off and started to walk away again, only to be tugged back by the wrist. Star's brows furrow, as she thought of spells in her own as to how to escape Tom when he compelled too much on her.

"Wait wait wait."
Tom pleaded, calmly he said.

"Star, hear me out. I'm a changed man. I've got a life coach; Bryan." Star eye the chubby white man that popped out of the carriage, and waves 'hi'. 

"He's awesome, a happy bunny—and I have been 'anger free' for fifty–three days." Tom show out his red badge on his left that says '53 DAYS ANGER FREE'

"Fifty–three days. . .?" It almost took Star's breath, she stared at the badge then at Tom, skeptical.

He smiled sincerely, pink skin and red hair and where his two demon horns had grown over the years. Star noticed how it has grown a bit taller in an inch and noticed how his height had too, and even what he is wearing. Prep in a black tuxedo and a blood-red tie. For a minute Star didn't know him, but then at how he dressed up for her. And how he just walk boldly in the school as he owns it. Yeah, it's her ex alright.

"Don't you wanna pet my bunny?"

"Well, he is adorable." Star's eyes sparkle at the little creature in his hands.

"—HA–YA!"

Star instinctively backed a step and her blood rush at that moment almost reaching her wand when just she noticed it's just Marco.

Wait— it's Marco!

"Back off demon!"

"Marco!" she tugged his shoulder beside her as her eyes fell on the chopped-off hand of Tom. Then at who lost it. Tom held his arm as his three eyes glowed. The life coach 'Bryan' is his name came out of the carriage and took Tom's shoulder and lead him to walk in circles.

"Walk it out, talk it out, walk it out, talk it out. . ." he walked in circles but his head remained the stare that made it unusual turn a hundred–sixty degrees.

"Uh, you better run." She pulled Marco's hood back away and let her face it. But Marco stood still with his arms on defense, and hands ready to fight.

"—No no no, haHA. . . No no That's. . . why I got my support system, I'm good." Tom hurriedly said, and a trail of smoke with screaming souls traveled and connected to the chopped hand and easily bring the pink rabbit too.

" Got the 'angries' out. Everything is. . . under control." He rapidly rubbed the bunny's soft fur and it puffed out.

"Marco, don't karate him. This is. . . Tom."

"Demon–ex-boyfriend Tom?"

"Nice to meet you, um. Marco." To reach his floating unattached hand to shake with Marco's, Marco keeps his hand in position and shoves off Tom's shake.

"What is he doing here." Marco's eyes twitched from Tom to Star, though still keeping on Tom.

"He wants to take me to the blood moon ball," Star answered as her head bowed down a little in embarrassment like a puppy as Marco send her an unsure face, his brows thickened in-furrow.

"Star, never go with a predator to a second location."

"Look I can see you mad, you think I'm a total jerk, I get it. But I have changed." Tom said, almost begging. Could almost kneel to the ground for her acceptance.
But he took a couple of steps to Star.

"Remember I'm not the only one with horns." And pointed at her headband. Star smiled simply, biting her cheeks in the insides of her mouth. He remembered it.

"Why didn't you tell me I'm dead?" Blurted the skeletal horse in their scene as Marco step out behind Star in a sneer at Tom.

"No pressure. If you do wanna go; just toll this bell." Tom handled Star a small bell then step inside his carriage as it burns itself to teleport.

"Oops, hehe almost forgot the tiny hammer." He reach out the tiny hammer to Star and said lastly.

"I hope I see you there."

Star watch the carriage burn as it went back to the underworld. She stood there in the burnt cement ground and stare at the small bell and hammer in her hands. Full of thoughts to even speak.

Does he really love her?

That familiar question came creeping back to her when she first meet Tom. When she said 'yes' to change their relationship from friends to lovers. When she promised to stay forever with him. When he drew a line. When Tom has forgotten. When Star finally concluded. When before she declare; they'd broken up.

And now.

Thinking, how desperate he is to get her back again, trying for the second time. Now. The demon just walk into the school and float on top of her desk and asked her confidently to go with him to the Blood Moon ball. Star thought maybe it's just a last friend–get–to–back event for them. Even with what had happened, she still wished that they still could be friends.

And, Star hasn't heard of such a ball, from Tom or in her world. Sounds underworld theme indeed, and people, and dancing, and treats, it's just party.

Right, just a party.