۞ 𝕿𝖜𝖔

"It's a stranger danger party."

Marco mumbled over his full mouth of nachos, which he left this morning. He gulped it all and wipe his mouth simply with his red hoodie and followed Star to the stairs.

"Come on Marco, I know Tom."
Star said back down to him. Marco put his hands on his pockets and raised his brow.

"Exactly, you know him like how you told me. A jerk."

"Well, he said he's changed." She turn around and continued, mind rushing in what to wear. She bit her bottom lip to stop smiling too much. Marco reached the second floor and was about to follow Star behind when she suddenly closed the door.

Marco flinched after when he almost crash into the door. He took a step back and breath out, staring at the signs and stickers in the wooden door. Before going to his own room.

He sat slouching at his bed and watch the sun fall at the horizon from his window. Cacti all over their fence, and more houses lined up and fall into the hills, tall buildings from downtown and the wires stretching everywhere it can. The winding valley of Echocreek, a small cozy place. From here he can see the towns hall and their school, small like toys.

The honey light beamed on Marco, making his tanned skin seems like glaze in honey, and his dark chocolate hair shin in small streaks of gold. And his brown eyes sparkled in marble like jewel. For anyone that wears a hoodie a lot it is hot to wear it on summer days, but Marco wears it often like it's winter cold.

It burns to stare at the sun in more than a minute. But Marco's mind is just too cloudy to even squint at the light.

He guess Star is going to the blood moon ball.

His brows furrow and he grumbled.

Marco didn't know why is he worried so much, he trust Star. Right?

He just didn't trust Tom, even if he didn't know the demon much than Star. Right, Star knows what she is doing, she knows Tom well than him. If something happens, Star will just wave her wand and then poof! All over.

But what will be over?

Marco chewed the insides of his cheek and thought. He'll just have to convince Star to just stay, and not go with the demon prince and they'll just throw their own ball instead.

"That's it!" He jerked and then grab his red hat on the wall that hanged. And ran back at Star's room.

He opened the door and let himself in. He glanced around the castle like room of Star, to which is literally teleported from Mewni to their house. He heard something clinking in the walk-in-closet. Star is already looking for a dress to wear.

He knocked at the door back again, to let her know his inside.

"Star?"

"What color do you think is much suitable for the ball?" She answered in a muffled voice, thick layered clothes preventing her loud and clear.

"Your making a big mistake Star."
Marco peered with the red hat on his head in the two doors that is designed like their own. He didn't see Star inside but the clothes and dresses scamper to it's own, then the girl suddenly popped out of the shadows.

"Maybe, but it could be fun." She sent him a smug smile and then walk out of the closet, with a rosy pink dress in her arms.

"Why don't you just stay here, where it's always fun. . . -Like guaranteed." He sound so unsure of himself.

"Well this is a different kind of fun."

Different kind of fun?

Star pushed the diamond on her mirror and it suddenly came off the wall and reassemble itself into three kinds.

"Don't look, I'm gonna change." She said

Marco took his hat off for cover and he look to the other side away.

"I just don't trust Tom. Maybe I should go with you."
He wanted to.

"Marco, you weren't invited. Besides you gotta trust me to do the right thing for mysᴇꫀ𝐥𝓁ˡ𝔩𝔣f̆̈ɟ. . ."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, totally. I just gonna stop using too much magic on my face." Her eyes wide still on startled, as she looked at her self on the mirror.

"All I'm saying is; guys like Tom, never change-" Marco regretted to put down his hat and covered it up again.

"Well. There's only one way for me to find out. What do you think?"

What do I think? It's gonna be dangerous.

Nevertheless, Marco slowly lowered his hat and look at Star.
Now in a light pink dress that lastly layered on a rosy pink, dress that reach down till her knees, tattered heart shaped on the hem, the top is held just on her left side with a little heart on. Gold hair magically tied up in a large bun as few wavey locks is left in front of her face including her small bangs. And remained the horned headband.

"You look. . . amazing."

"Thanks Marco." Star smiled wide at his honesty and the wonderful choice of words on his compliments.

But it wasn't simply just a compliment.

"Don't go." He whisper-shouted.

"I'm totally going." Star whisper-shouted back, and with just a small bang on the bell. She was off, she was going. He was left alone.