۞ 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗 [ᵖᵒᵛ'ᵐᵃʳᶜᵒ]

Marco, eyed her in the center of the dance floor, slowly he notice Star getting away from the circle of dancers. He can't lose her now. Marco stretch his arm and slip out of and tug Star's hand just right the light above shone.

Upon them.

Marco glance up at the crescent shining at the ceiling as the whole room let a gasp of surprise, then the other dancers stop dancing they positioned themselves to a wide circle holding hands all together and all eyes on them; they bowed and dispersed away from the dance floor. He guesses maybe it's the underworld thing. He look down back at Star's bewildered face, Marco pursed his lips under his skull mask and smiled unsure of his next move.

He slightly grip Star's hand on his and gradually put the right hand on her waist. As Star hesitantly rest her hand on his shoulder. And the music started.

He deliberately sways into the smooth song. With the still bewildered girl. Marco stifles his laugh inside him as he takes note of her expression; her mouth gape open and every turn of the dance they'll do she will gasp a bit of the sudden move. He is now calmed that he has her now.

Marco began to question if Star have even danced like this with other boys at their kingdom or any other parties. His stomach sunk and a void gap opened. He looks at Stat with a look of surprise. Marco wondered if she even realized it's her best friend from earth wearing the mask. He intended to reveal himself then, but then change his mind. He wanted to see her face yet get shocked.

Marco just hasn't seen the princess of Mewni really dance smoothly, or tamed even.

Then again, it's Star Butterfly, has she even danced so trance like this? It worried Marco a bit that she gets easily caught on strangers and easily puts trust in them. He remembered how much Star had trusted him right after an introduction at school, or how she easily trust her demon–ex-boyfriend Tom. He thought, has no trust in him, or anyone new to him as called them strangers and predators around. Which why led him here, he feared too much the safety of Star. May it be physically and emotionally.

Marco can feel just how she gets comfortable all too suddenly, even at this moment. As Star will lean on his hold and slightly grip on his grasp whenever she spun around. Afraid that she might let go of him, or maybe also the opposite. Marco is. His stomach sunk as a void opened for the fluttering butterflies to fill it. His hand is stiff and his neck won't let him look away from her.

Star moves along with Marco synchronizing with the flow, but clearly in trance for somewhat. Marco guesses he can't put it aside from that she is Star, after all, surprises everywhere she goes.

She will always turn around the tables and Marco's mind, Marco swiftly let go of her waist and turn her around, freely Star swirl as she still kept hold of his grasp on the other.

But it seems, Marco has turned the tables this time.

Their eyes met again, as he gently clasped his right hand on the small of her back, preventing her from stumbling after the turn. But only leads Star to lean and gaze wide eyes upon his'.

Again they just stared at each other eyes like any time. Marco hasn't been this close to Star, aside from moments that they stumbled from a fall or squished under a pile of monsters that attacked them, haven't been this long to gaze in her eyes and noted the details; her yellow bangs that fall on her forehead as the long locks tied up into a bun, her red demon–horns headband yet still matches her ruby rose dress, her lashes fluttering every time she blinks, her pink heart marks on cheeks abruptly blended on her skin, her sky blues eyes up—hypnotized on his' chocolate brown ones as the ruby light shone softly on them. Yet, whatever it is that has changed it suddenly flushed Marco's hidden face in rosy heat. He hasn't held Star this long.

Star leaned and fainted a breathed, eyes lulling in the brown ones that also stared just on hers. It felt like the world dispersed away, and the red ruby light traverse upon the two, as they sync in motion, dancing and swaying deeply falling in the music and the princess' heart for the skull masked partner.

They felt just each other's grasp on, just they hypnotized over each one's eyes, just the music in their ears and just their heart on the synchronized beat. Just the new essence around, just them alone. Just Marco holding Star, just Star Butterfly unknowingly on Marco Diaz's arms.

Just Marco and Star under the blood moonlight. Innocently in love.

"Star" he called, as he gently guide her in the dance.

"How do you know my name. . ." the princess asked, in a lulling tone still in trance; light blended the rush of crimson blush on her cheeks.

Marco pulled up his skull mask and revealed himself. And whisper–shouted.
"It's me, Marco."

Maybe, revealed too suddenly. He saw Star's expression before he twirl her around.

"Marco! —what are you doing here?" Star whisper–shouted back as Marco let her make spun.

"Let's get out of here, this place is the worst–" Marco then just heard a short loud grunt of anger and annoyance after he got pushed to the dance floor. Star gasped when after and then twitch her eyes to look for who had done it.

Right in front of here just a meter away stood the boiling demon, with his arms open at Marco on the floor. Star furrowed, she forgot Tom is with her.

Marco's hat fell from the air onto his face, he sat up and look at who it was that had pushed him, but just only a second he knew who it is. His jaw clenched as the room change atmosphere.

The light above slowly shrank, and there were a series of sighs and whispers of what's happening. Star eyed Tom as he changes, from mad to furious. Slowly Tom regain his straight posture and slowly his demonic eyes glow dimly white that pierced through at Star's dance partner on the floor. Slowly, he preyed through Marco like a tiger on its rage.

Star watch as Tom lets his anger out, she doesn't get it. It's just a dance he'll get his turn. And in fact, she will get everyone a turn for their own.

"That dance. . . was meant. . for ME!!"
He shouted out, ringing the ballroom and setting the place in blazing fire making the guests back away as they knew who it was now. The prince of the underworld had boiled his blood again.

Tom walks towards Marco as he shuffles away from the floor.
Marco's eyes widened, as the demon prince raised himself in the air, three glowing eyes on Marco's soul, how he felt his chest tighten and fingertips freeze as Tom's teeth gritted, Marco's eyes frozen in the moment of panic as the ballroom began to shook and crack. God this might be his end.

Tom opens his mouth to bring his wrath. Only to end in an ice cube, he dropped from the air in a clink.

Marco glance at Star who stared at the frozen Tom. He can tell the disappointment in her face, Star's wand flashes a small streak of light and hits inside something on Tom's tuxedo. And stared one moment.

"Come on Marco."