Chapter 4

//tw// mentions of blood and death

Bdubs' POV

I woke up in pain. I ran to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I was pale and sweating and barely had time to push the hair out of my face before I slumped to the floor in agony. It felt like someone was carving my insides out like a pumpkin. Claws raked the inside of my stomach. I cried out in pain but I knew no one could hear me. I curled up and let my hot face rest against the cold tile of my bathroom floor. I desperately hoped I would just black out so the pain would stop. My hands were shaking for some reason and I cried out once more before the world faded out around me.

The cold tile wasn't as welcoming when I woke up hours later. I opened my eyes to the harsh light of my bathroom and sat up. My ribs and hips were sore from the hard ground but the pain had stopped. I rubbed my eyes and stood. I felt nauseous and tired and walked weakly to my bed. It was only 5:30. I collapsed into my bed and marveled at it's comfort before drifting off again into an uneasy sleep.

I woke up again. This time the sky was bright and some of the soreness had gone away. I stumbled out of bed and back into the bathroom. I looked less pale and sweaty than the night before. I slipped into the shower and leaned against the wall while hot water poured over my aching body. I stood there until my bathroom filled up with steam. I glanced down at my arm and noticed the flower Doc had drawn for me. It was slightly faded because of the water but I smiled and traced over it with my finger. A longing surged in my chest, I would've given everything to have Doc love me because he wanted to. But he didn't. And that was the reality. I scrubbed at the drawing, it washed away easily and in a matter of moments it was like It had never even been there. I remembered the graze of his lips against mine and squeezed my eyes shut. I wanted us so badly, more than I ever had before. This insane longing hurt worse than I imagined it would. Damn it Doc.

Doc's POV

I knocked on the door three times like I usually did. I hoped Bdubs would still want to see me after last night. I had almost kissed him, but I didn't because I knew what it would mean, and despite everything I still wasn't there yet. I cursed myself.

After a while with no response I knocked again. This continued for a while until the worry deep in the pit of my stomach got the best of me. I set my hand lightly on the door handle and slowly turned it. I was surprised to find it was unlocked. Did I forget to lock it last night? Had something broken in? I barged into Bdubs' house and frantically looked around. I could hear water running and realized it was his shower. Slightly embarrassed I sat down on his couch and waited for him to come out. The water shut off after a while and a few minutes later he walked out.

"Doc?" he said, startled.

"I'm sorry, you weren't answering and I got worried."

"Oh." Bdubs had come out wearing jeans and no shirt. I flushed slightly until I realized how unnaturally skinny he looked. I could see his ribs and his collarbones clearly. He turned away from me and went to grab a shirt. I realized I had probably been staring and flushed again.

"Do you want to go on a walk or something?" he asked and pushed his dripping hair out of his eyes.

"It's pretty cold and rainy out there, maybe we could do something in here. Like baking cookies," I said lightly.

"Cookies? Do you even know how to bake?" he asked and laughed.

"No but how hard can it be, we'll figure it out," I reassured him but laughed a little but too. I'd never baked anything in my life.

"Okay we'll bake," he smiled at me.

It ended up kind of being a disaster.

We stared at the bowl of dough. It was kind of crumbly and dry looking.