Two • Dress fit for a bride

"It Isn't Fair, The Privileges We Are Given

"It Isn't Fair, The Privileges We Are Given...Or The Prices We Must Pay For Them"
- Mary Queen of Scott's

。.✦ ☾

Vera's eyes briefly widen as the bit-frost falls around her to reveal the Asgardian castle. It was beautiful and just like how she remembered it. Zeus makes his way beside his daughter. "Are you ready my daughter?" Zeus asks, placing a hand on her arm.

Vera looks up at her father, his gaze is warm. Vera gives him a small smile. "Am I ever?" Vera asks, her hand reaching up and grasping his wrist.

Zeus chuckles. "Never," Zeus answers playfully.

....

Loki made his way down the golden halls, his fingers twitching. He wore a soft green tunic, that kept him warm. His hair was soft and slicked back, properly groomed as any prince should be. Loki kept a book firmly grasped in one hand, making his way to the library. He hums softly, in his own world. He barely acknowledged the rapid footsteps making their way towards him. Loki quickly hides in one of the many dark corners, his eyes widening briefly when he sees the approaching gods.

While he is an important figure, he knew that Zeus was a legend amongst the Gods. The man was regal, with sharp features and bright blue eyes, his hair full and black, it was a mess on top of his head.

He was an intimidating man, with eyes dark and powerful. He had powers like his brother Thor, it was shocking to many of them, but Zeus was the master and the maker.

Lokis eyes move from him, only to land on an Angel amongst gods, her hair is full, and a soft curled mess that flows along her shoulders. Her cheekbones were sharp and fair. Her eyes were warm and brown, like the richest chocolate in the castle. Her irises were also tinted with a soft purple hue. And her lips were flushed and heart-shaped.

She was beautiful in every aspect of the world. Her thin, long fingers were intertwined together behind her back.

Loki swallows harshly. This was the princess, his future sister-in-law.

Her gaze moves around the hall, only to land on him. Loki can feel his heart jump to his throat. Vera quickly looks away, letting out a sharp puff of air and she continues following after her father.

....

"Vera, oh my! Look how much you've grown." Frigga gushes, bringing the young girl closer to her, wrapping her arms around her shoulders. Vera briefly closes her eyes and returns the hug, enjoying the warmth of a mother's touch.

Frigga pulls back and she meets the princess's gaze. "I understand that this must be terrifying for you, even with us being familiar," Frigga says, eyes sad and warm. "You were just a girl when you first came, you stood just past my hip. You were gorgeous and you still are." Frigga says softly

Vera smiles. Frigga brushes the goddess's hair back.

The last time the princess was here at the castle was years ago, she was almost an infant. The castle was always a cold place, with towers of gold and hollow halls. She never liked visiting. Not much has changed.

"Thank you, my queen, your words are always so kind," Vera answers, her voice soft and sweet. Frigga chuckles, "Call me Frigga my dear, and soon Mother, we are going to be family soon." Frigga says, the woman knew that the girl wasn't here by choice, but she had to open her arms and welcome her. She wanted the girl to feel as comfortable as possible.

Vera can feel her smile strain. "Of course Frigga," Vera says, swallowing harshly. "Now we must dress you in Asgardian colors, your betrothed colors." Frigga says

Vera swallows harshly, it is official, her fear and dread. The word marriage or betrothed was never brought up. Now it's her only reality. "I fear red has never been my color," Vera answers it was her only dispute. Frigga hums, taking her graceful form, "your right, it's too brash. We will think of something, so let's bring in the girls." Frigga orders, motioning to her own ladies' maids.

Vera looks up as the stone doors are pushed open.

....

Vera stared at herself in the mirror, bringing a hand up towards her face, her makeup was fair and light, her cheeks softly flushed and her lips were pink and covered with a light gloss. On top of her head was a silver circlet, complimenting her dress. While her makeup was beautiful, she never liked light colors, black was her color.

Hera stands at her daughter's bedroom door, eyes dark, watching. Vera meets her mother's gaze. Hera hums and she makes her way towards her daughter's side. "A dress fit for a bride," Hera says

Bride.

Vera swallows harshly, the corset suddenly feeling tighter.

While white is technically meant for marriage, not by God's or Goddesses' standards, gold was their color. Wearing white to an alliance dinner or party, means you have intent to seal the deal.

So tonight she's wearing white.