Five • Electrifying

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment."
-Jane Austin

。.✦ ☾

Vera sat alone on a bench surrounded by a bed of flowers, her eyes closed as she took a deep breath of the crisp air, the scent of fresh-cut grass filling the air.

She loved nights like this.

A throat is suddenly cleared, making Vera's eyes snap open. Her eyes meet soft blue ones. Thor towered over her, his lip spread in a kind smile. His arms are interlaced behind his back. "We haven't gotten the chance to talk or get properly introduced. I'm Thor." Thor introduces, which is sweet and a little cliche.

Vera smiles, glad it wasn't forced. "Vera, daughter of Ze- you know what, it's just Vera. Uh please sit, I don't want to be the only one sitting." Vera says

Thor chuckles and he does as she says.

The two of them sit there in silence, staring off into the garden. Thor suddenly breaks the silence. "My mother loves to tend to these gardens, it always amazes me how vibrant the flowers are. I can't take care of something so delicate." Thor says, reaching out towards a rose resting in between them, only to pause centimeters away. Thor slowly retreats his hand and he folds them over his lap. He stares anxiously at his feet.

Vera turns her head and she stares at the side of his face. "It only takes patience," Vera says

Thor pauses briefly and he looks up, meeting her gaze. Thor couldn't help the smile from slipping past his lips. "I remember when you first got here, you were so different and so full of energy. You took a liking to Loki and Heimdall. I-I was always so jealous. I wanted to be your friend." Thor says, softly scratching at his leg.

Vera looked surprised, her lips parting to speak. "I-I'm sorry," Vera says, pausing her fingers, which have been softly petting the blooming rose bush.

Thor makes a small noise, amused. "Don't be, we were kids, we have time to become friends, maybe even something more," Thor states they both know what he is implying. Vera wasn't as opposed as she initially was. He seems like a good man. He might be a good husband.

....

Not that far from them. Loki stood alone, holding two cups of tea, with a book wedged in his arm. He was looking for the princess, hoping to speak with her some more. He softly sighs with disappointment and he lets his hands fall to his sides, letting the tea spill into the grass.

Of course, it's always Thor.

Vera was much too beautiful to want him.

Just before Loki can turn and leave, Vera turns her head and she meets his gaze. Her eyes lighten up, she brings a hand up and she waves, calling out to him, making Thor turn as well. Loki quickly drops the tea cups into a bush and he steps forward.

Thor's lips spread into a broad grin. "Loki!" Thor exclaims "Thor." Loki says awkwardly, making his way over, hovering by. "How's the party? Are they missing me?" Thor asks

"Dreadfully so," Loki says, dragging the words, trying his hardest to avoid Vera's gaze. Thor chuckles. "Remember Vera! We used to play with her when we were younger, now she is to be my bride." Thor says he looked less enthusiastic at the end, he still wasn't used to the idea of being tied down.

Loki finally meets Vera's electrifying gaze, swallowing harshly. "Yes, I do recall," Loki says

Suddenly Vera stands, her dress brushing against Thor's leg, making his leg jump in surprise. Vera brushes her dress clean. "Well as lovely as this is, I better go back inside, it's already improper of me to be without a chaperone, I won't keep you both," Vera says she was equally affected by the young prince's presence. Her heart pounding in her chest.

"Let me escort you." Thor and Loki say simultaneously.

Vera looks taken aback. "Uh yes, that would be lovely," Vera answers, turning around. Both Thor and Loki step up beside her, each offering their arms. Vera stares at each armor-clad arm, swallowing.

Vera looks up and she meets beautiful green eyes. She was playing a dangerous game.