Chapter 05 | Punch Me

__

Y/N MAXIMOFF 

__

Three weeks later I was back in math class with MJ. Pietro and Wanda were really happy that I was making friends. They'd told me that my friends could come over whenever they wanted, and I really wanted to ask MJ to hang out, but I wasn't really sure how to. I mean, I'd never had a friend over. What would we even do? I'd seen movies where they had sleepovers, and girls painted their nails and spoke about boys, but I felt like MJ wouldn't really enjoy that all that much.

Maybe I should just go for it. The bell rang, dismissing us for lunch. MJ and I grabbed our stuff and walked down the hall together.

"Are you doing anything Friday?" I asked.

"Nope," MJ said. "Why?"

"I was, uh, I was wondering if maybe you'd want to have a sleepover. At the tower," I said.

MJ nodded.

"Sounds fun," she said. "I hope you know that I will eat all of your snacks, though."

I laughed at the thought and sat down at the table with Peter and Ned. Peter smiled at me, and I smiled back.

Peter was a really nice guy. He always asked me about myself and didn't just like me because I knew the Avengers. He was really sweet and dorky, but it was cute.

"Have you met your soulmate yet?" Ned asked me suddenly.

I noticed Peter kick him under the table and shook my head.

"You?" I asked.

Ned shook his head, and I looked to Peter who also shook his head. I already knew MJ had met hers, but she wouldn't tell me who it was.

"Have you met someone who's met their soulmate?" Ned asked.

I nodded.

"Yeah, most of the Avengers have," I said. "I mean, you guys probably already knew that, though."

"Well, not really," Ned said. "They like to keep most of that private. All we really know is Pepper Potts and Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes, and Vision and your sister."

I smiled.

"Yeah. Pietro was really funny about that last one," I said. "Pain in the ass for Wanda. Kind of scared how he's going to act around my soulmate."

Everyone laughed and we continued talking.

Friday came around quickly. The school day went by pretty quickly and soon enough MJ and I were heading to Happy's car. We slid in the back and Happy immediately closed the window between the front and back seat.

"What's his problem?" MJ asked quietly.

I shrugged.

"Doesn't like people, I guess," I said. "Took him a year to warm up to me. Don't worry. Since you're such a people person, you two will get along."

"Ha, ha," MJ said sarcastically.

We arrived at the tower quickly. I showed MJ to the elevator, and Friday scared the crap out of her when she spoke. We reached my floor and Pietro was sitting on the couch, watching TV. When he heard MJ and I, he turned around and then was immediately standing in front of us.

"MJ, right?" Pietro asked.

"To my friends, yeah," she said, barely fazed by his use of speed. "To everyone else, it's Michelle."