Moving On

Kylie
We arrive at the mall and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders by not having to work in that pub anymore all thanks to David and the guys of course I sometimes feel like it's a dream so much has happened to me in a few short days and I'm happy but a bit scared.
"Ok, let's go," Lenny says he is like a kid in a jumping up, and down I smile at him, he smiles back
"You ready, kylie? " Lenny says
"I am," i reply
"Well, let's go." he jumps out the car, and he comes around to my side, which helps me out and then puts my hand through his arm. I tense
"I'm sorry kylie he goes to release my arm,"
"No, no, it's ok it's just that I'm not used to it,"
"Well ok but if I do anything wrong, tell me!" Lenny says
"It's not you, really. I just have to get used to some things." I smile, and he smiles back at me. David and Mike stand there with a smile on their faces. We all make our way into the mall it takes some time cause we walk slow due to my back.
"Where would you like to go, kylie?" David asks
"I'm not sure. Are there any charity shops here?"
"Why do you need a charity shop?" Mike says
"To buy clothes," I reply
"Oh hell no girl, you are going to treat yourself!"I open my mouth, but Lenny beats me to it."That's an order ok"
"Yes, sir," I reply, which has them laughing. We spent three hours at the mall cause every twenty minuets or so they made me sit down to rest but It was so fun. I got some jeans, a few tops, underwear, slippers and pjs plus I brought a book to read in bed I spent two hundred pounds I never spent that much on myself before. We make our way home ,yes, home
"Are you ok, kylie?" Mike says
"I smile, I'm good," and I was ,Mike helped me out the car David and Lenny get the bags
"I'll take these to your room, kylie."
"Ok, thanks." I feel bad. David is on the couch. Once everything is put away, we make our way downstairs. Just as we sit at the table, Carl comes home.
"Hi guys , Kylie,"
"Hi Carl,"I say
"Everything ok, Carl?" Mike asks
"Yes, the delivery was wrong, then they tried to charge too much all sorted now."
"Good," David says
"So what we having to eat?" Carl asks
"Chinese alright with everyone?" David asks
"Yes, sounds good," Mike says
"Ok, kylie."
"Yes, of course." we all pick what we want, then go out to the back garden chairs are set up, and so is a football net.
We all sit round chatting. I really don't know what to say
"David, where do you keep my pain pills?"
"I'll get them," David says
"No, really, just tell me where they are? I can get them. "
"There in the cupboard over the sink"
"Thanks I'll be right back" I walk slowly into the kitchen get my pills as I wash the glass I look out the window to see the guy bringing our take away so I open the door before he rings the bell.
"Hi, that's thirty-four pound," I give him forty pounds
"Keep the change"
"Thanks. Have a nice evening,"
"You to" i close the door I take the food I place the bags on the table and put everyone's food on a plate I walk to the patio door to see them running around I watch for a minuet and hope someday I can be like that.
"Guys, the food is here! they all came running up to the door,I smiled
"Hey, it's all put out , David looks at me
"You paid?"
"Yes, i did it's just a takeaway, David it's nothing compared to what all of you have done for me,"
"Let me pay you back?"
"No, David, I wanted to do this," he looks at me
"Thank you," David says
"Yes, thank you," the guys say
"You're all welcome." We eat our food outside it's a nice night after I'm so full. "Guys, I think I'm going to call it a night today. I brought a book I want to start,"
"Ok, night."
"Night, all.
I get into bed, sitting up, picking up my book. I started reading after about an hour. I heard the guys go to bed, turning off the light. I turned on my stomach and went to sleep.
I open my eyes to my mother standing over me "You thought you could get away from me you fat bitch!"
I tried to move I couldn't "Telling lies tut tut", I see a belt in her hand
David I scream then I hear laughing I look over to see David, Carl, Mike, Lenny just standing there laughing.
"You really think they wanted to help you?" my mother laughs.
Tears are rolling down my face, and then she raises the belt. I close my eyes, waiting for the blow.
"KYLIE KYLIE WAKE UP." I opened my eyes and scream "Kylie it's ok it was just a dream." David helps me to sit up. I look over and see Mike, Lenny, Carl with sad looks on their faces.
"It's ok guys. I got her!"
"Ok, call if you need anything." We are left alone
"You want to talk about it?"
"I had a dream my mother was holding a belt over me, and all of you were standing there laughing."
"Oh kylie, we would never do that. You know that, don't you?"
"Yes, I do it was just so real,"
"Are you feeling better?"
"Not really. I can't stop shaking,"
"David opens his arms, and I go into them and rest my head on his shoulder." we stay like that for a while.
"Do you think you can get some sleep now?"
"I'll try," I whisper
"If you need me, just shout."
"No, please, will you sleep on the bed with me? I really don't want to be alone."
"Are you sure?" David asks
"Yes I'm positive "I lie back on my stomach and David gets into bed I move some of the pillows I need to be closer he must know this cause he takes my hand and puts it on his chest with his hand over mine and I feel safe.