Moving On

Kylie
We arrive at the supermarket, grabbing a trolley,  going to the fruit first. I put some apples in a bag, and then I get some oranges.
"Well, look who we have here." Cathy says. Can't I catch a break today? I think to myself. Me and David go to walk around her, and she grabs my arm, I shake her off.
"Don't touch me!"
"What are you going to do about it?"
"You have made my life hell for 19 years why can't you just leave me alone, you don't want anything to do with me I don't want anything to do with you, so can you just leave me alone."
"Fuck off you ruined my life and I will ruin yours!"
"Hold on, I ruined your life what about mine?. You ruined my life!. YOU took my dad away from me before I had a chance to meet him, YOU took your mistake out on me, YOU have ruined my life for years and I'm not letting you do it no more but in a way i want to thank you."
"What?" Cathy snaps
"Yes thank you the violent outburst you did to me led me to four wonderful guys, this man next to me my boyfriend. I now have friends and photos of my dad, I know where his grave is. Many women have lost their loved ones, and they don't behave like you did. They love their children. I am the last person who held you to my father, and now you have lost that as well. YOU are pathetic!"
"Stay away from his grave!" Cathy shouts
"No IM telling you to stay away from my fathers grave!"
"Who are you to talk to me like that you fat cow?." I laugh in her face
"Is that the best you got, you sad old bag?." I snap
"You think you're so big cause he is with you," Cathy says
"No, Cathy, I'm finally standing up to you. I have moved on it's so sad that you can't, but that's your problem, not mine." She goes to slap my face. I put my hand up to catch her hand
"You will never lay a hand on me again cause next time I will retaliate!." I drop her hand and we carry on once round the corner I stand there and I'm shaking David pulls me close and hold me.
"I'm so proud, baby,"
"Thank you I was so scared" I hold him he gives me strength we do the shopping and put the bags in the car, thinking that we are going home but he pulls into the garden center I look at him,
"We need stuff to clean your fathers grave,"
"Ok," I get out of the car he holds his hand out to me, and I take it he squeezes my hand, and I squeeze back to say I'm ok."
we grab a small trolley, we got sheers, flowers, colour stones, bags, gloves, small water can. we check out to pay. I take my purse out, but David hands his card over. I look at him, and he looks back at me. I sigh and put my purse away.
We put the bags in the car and headed home. We get home I go to help with the bags in the boot but David tells me to just take the books, I grab them and head upstairs, I sit on the bed looking out the window I don't notice the tears till I feel wet spots falling onto my hands. I'm so lost in thought that I don't realize somebody has come into the room.
"Hey, what's this?" Carl says he hugs me, and I rest my head on his shoulder
"What's going on?" I hear Mike say
"I think the high has worn off. Can you get David?" Carl says
"Sure," Mike replies. I hear David running up the stairs, and he comes into the room. Carl stands up, then David picks me up, my legs go around his waist, and I hold on to him so tight and bury my face in his neck. I feel him sit down on the bed he rubs my back and just holds me, when my tears subside I pull my face away from his neck he hands me a tissue I take it wiping my eyes.
"Sorry."
"Don't be sorry. What you did today was amazing," David says
"It's just hard, you know. It's like an ending and a new beginning. I feel like an orphan, even though I know it's the right thing to do. I just wish I had one family member left. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy she is out my life. I guess I just need to grieve, you know, and move on. "
"Baby, I understand, and if you need to cry, you cry. I will be here to wipe your tears away always,"
"Thank you, honey,"
"I don't want to get your hopes up, but how would you feel about looking for your grandparents?"
"I never thought about that. Yes, I would like that,"
"We will look into it. Do you feel better?"
"I do thank you for looking out for me,"
"I'll keep saying it. I will always be there for you." he leans forward and kisses me. I kiss him back and moan when his tongue slides into my mouth. Suddenly, I need to touch him. I pull at his shirt, and he breaks the kiss.
"Kylie." I kiss him again. He grabs me and breaks the kiss. "Kylie"
"Please, David, I need you." I pull at his shirt "please please" David sits forward and I take his shirt off I pull my own shirt off, I don't know where this confidence is coming from but I need him and I want him. I sit back and David's eyes are on my breasts I look at him and slip my arms round my back and unhook my bra I let the straps fall off my shoulders the bra falls between me and David, I lean forward and kiss David soon I'm on my back with David over me.
"Tell me to stop!" David says
"No," he groans
"He kisses my chest, looking at me the whole time he moves down to my nipple taking one into his hot mouth he moves to the other breast and gives it the same attention. I moan if he feels so good. He gets off the bed and locks the door coming back, and he lies over me.
"I love you, Kylie. I don't want to scare you. I know it might seem too soon." I place my fingers over his lips
"I love you to David." we look into each other's eyes for the rest of the evening and night he shows me his love. Eventually, we fall asleep in each other's arms, a sweaty mess with a smile on my face.