Moving On

Kylie
I wake up, and I'm still on David's chest, and it feels nice "Morning kylie"
"Morning."
"Did you sleep ok?"
"I did. I just wanted to say I'm sorry about yesterday,"
"It's ok. Just promise me you won't do it again,"
"I won't."
"Dr Walker will be here in a bit. Are you ok with seeing him?"
"Yes, I like Dr Walker, I mean it he has a way of making me feel calm,"
"Come on, let's go get breakfast." We walk downstairs, and it looks like we are the only two up. we go to the kitchen, and David makes some pancakes. I take my fork and dig in
"These are great, thank you."
"I'm happy you like them." Just as we finish, the front door opens, and in walks Lenny ,Carl, Mike
"Morning well afternoon," Lenny says "how you feeling, kylie?"
"I'm ok, how are you all?"
"We are good, just been to the gym," Mike says, going to the sink to get some water
"Oh, Dr. Waker is here!"
"Oh," is all I say. Carl goes to the door
"Hi Doc"
"Hello, sorry I forgot your name."
"I'm Carl. This is Lenny, and that's Mike, and of course, you know David,"
Hi doc, the guys say Dr Walker says hello to everyone
"Hello Kylie,"
"Hello, Dr Walker."
"Would you like to go into the sitting room?" David says. I make my way into the room and sit down. Dr Walker sits opposite me. I notice all the guys in the doorway.
"Ok, we will leave you to it," they say
"NO," I shout. They all look at me "I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout but would you all stay with me you don't have to if you don't want to" I pick my head up to notice they have all took a seat I have David on my left Carl on my right and Lenny and Mike sitting in the chairs
"Thank you," I say and sit down.
"Kylie, I'm sure you are aware that David came to see me yesterday as he and your friends were worried about you. Do you want to talk to me about what happened?"
I stay silent. I have so much to say, but where to start, it's like I've lost the power of speech. David squeezes my hands. I look at Dr Walker taking a deep breath I start speaking.
I decide to start with the incident that happened with cathy (I refuse to call her mother) once I start I can't stop I tell him everything there are times when I shouted ,screamed, cried in the end it was good to get it out I was exhausted by the end but it felt like a weight off my shoulders. My face was buried in David's neck, I was on his lap I have no idea how I got there he must have picked me up when I was crying. I was calming down sniffling and then I looked at Dr Walker who gave me a small smile I tried to get off David's lap but he held me tighter not that I minded so I rested my head on chest.
"Kylie ,  would like to set up an appointment with a therapist to help you . Wouldyou be willing to give it a try?"
"Ok".
"Good ,  i think it will help you a lot, would you mind while I'm here for me to check your back? that way you won't have to come back to the hospital. "
"Yes, all my stuff is in my room. we can go up?"
"Ok, after you," Dr Walker says. I look to David, and he gets up. I smile at him, and we make our way upstairs into my room. I lie on my stomach.
"Kylie, I'm going to lift up your shirt. Is that ok?"
"Yes." I feel my shirt being lifted and the tape being removed. I'll be happy when I don't have to wear it anymore.
"This is healing very well. All cuts are healed, and you won't have to wear the dressing anymore. Do you have any pain?"
"No, not anymore, just a bit stiff,"
"That's good, so you won't need the pain medication anymore!" I feel my shirt being pulled down. I get up
"Thank you for coming today,"
"You're welcome. Well, I must be going. I'll be in touch with your appointment."
"Can I just give you these?" I get the gowns and the pain pills he takes them. we all say our goodbyes. I go back into the living room where all the guys are
"I just want to say thanks for staying with me,"
"It's alright," Mike says
"Do you mind if I go back to bed?"
"No, you go," Mike says, smiling at me. I go back upstairs and climb into the bed.
Opening my eyes and look at the clock it's 3pm I get up go and have a shower clean my teeth and do my hair I put on a long skirt and a tank top as I make my way downstairs I hear the tv going I make my way into the sitting room I was surprised to find that only Lenny there.
"Hi."
"Hi back," he smiles at me
"Can I talk to you?"
"Of course," he turns the tv off and gives me his full attention
"I don't want to feel sorry for myself anymore I want to move on I'm not saying I'll not have bad days because I will, I'm willing to go to therapy because I don't want this to affect my future. I want to laugh. I want to smile. I don't want to be down. I want to be a normal, healthy girl. I do want to know about my father, where he is buried and what he was like when he was alive, and I'm hoping that Mrs Morris can help me with that"
"I am so proud of you right now," Lenny says. "I always knew that you were a strong girl and will get through this, Can I hug you now?"
"You can, Len."I smile at him
"Len Len, I like it, and you're the only one that can get away with calling me that." I laugh, and it feels good it feels good not to be crying. Will you take me to the supermarket? I want to cook for all you guys tonight. Do you like curry? I make a mean chicken curry, I laugh.
"Come on, Kylie, who does not like a chicken curry," Len says. I laugh. "So are you ready to go?"
"I am,"
"Alright then, let's go," and we head out the door.