Chapter Fifteen

(A/N: For those of you asking/assuming this book is over, I don't know whether it's good or bad news to tell you it's not. Being 'lost' can be in many ways, and Y/N has only been 'saved' from being physically missing. :) Thanks for reading!)

(Your Pov)

Loki ran you through the halls to an awaiting jet, or- at least you thought that's what it was. All you knew was that he stayed with you. Even when the others rushed off to join the fight against your captor, and even when you could hear a hulk roar echo throughout the base. Loki still stayed right by your side.

You hadn't let go of your ring, nor his hand yet. And it didn't seem he wanted to either. Even though the two of you were reconnected, your soulmate connection still hadn't activated. Which made you wonder.

"Can I see your soulmark?" You asked, as he complied. You lifted the sleeve of his left arm, spotting the familiar swirls lining your name. You glided your hand gently over it, feeling those nostalgic butterflies in your stomach. Even if your connection didn't activate now, you knew everything would be okay.

"Sky!" Your dad shouted, as the team appeared at the entrance to the jet. There were some injuries among them, although not as bad as you. But you were covering your pain, at least until you were off this rock. "Sky, oh- I missed you, kid." His suit dissolved around him as he ran to embrace you in his arms. You swallowed a flinch when he rushed towards you, and stifled a wince when he hugged you tight.

"I missed you too, Dad." You smile, "Where were you?"

"No one hurts my daughter and gets away with it." He scowled, showing a new side to his love for you. Thanos took you away from him and tortured you. No way he was surviving.

"Thank you." You never quite knew the lengths he would go to, but you were thankful in this case nonetheless. That monster was gone.

With their mission accomplished, the jet took off from that rock. The team talked to you, offering comforts and answering any questions you had. It wasn't long after that you felt something lifting from you. It felt like a heavy weight finally off your chest, and you knew what was coming next.

*

(Loki's Pov)

They had rescued her. That's all that was running through Loki's mind. Y/N was safe. Finally in his arms, finally safe from that monster.

It was strange, how even in the jet their connection hadn't activated. But once they started flying, something was released.

And he felt pain. Everything was sore, everywhere on his body having some bruise or cut that stung everytime he moved. And the exhaustion- Loki was so tired he became dizzy just from standing, having to lean against the wall of the jet.

Was this how Y/N felt? He glanced over at her, the knowing look in her eyes confirming it.

'Darling, why didn't you tell me you were this exhausted?' Loki reached through the connection, testing if his suspicions were correct. When she glanced at him nervously, he knew they were. 'You need rest'.

'I'm fine.' She tried to reassure him, although Loki could smell the lie a mile away.

'You need to sleep to regain your strength, love.' The moment he spoke the word, fear and doubt bloomed in his mind. 'What is it?'

She didn't answer at first, just fidgeting with her ring. After a deep breath she responded. 'Every time I saw one of your clones, they only ever called me 'love'. It's how I knew they weren't real.'

'Oh, Y/N.' Loki tried to comfort, just beginning to scratch the surface of the trauma she carried. 'Trust me, I am real. This jet is taking you home. You're with your family.'