Chapter 4

I grabbed a tray but I realized I didn't know what the Alpha liked to eat.

I tapped a random wolf's shoulder.

Big mistake.

It was the same wolf, the one who called humans mutts.

He slowly turned around and glared at me.

"What do you want?" He growled.

Sheesh, so moody.

"Nothing, sheesh, I was just going to ask if you knew what the Alpha usually eats."

"Which Alpha? Meh, doesn't matter, they all have the same favorite, baked garlic chicken parmesan," he pointed to the dish served on different plates.

Then smiled.

That dude actually smiled.

Well, let me take my words back.

He smiled to show his sharp canines.

I rolled my eyes. I got a random unused tray and piled four baked garlic chicken parmesans on it. Well, wolves have a high appetite right? I put six more.

Do wolves get thirsty a lot? Well, I don't really care but I don't want to go back and forth so I just got three bottles of water.

I re-counted the parmesans, just in case.

I don't want to look like a fool going back and forth from their room and to the kitchen.

I got up the stairs, went through hallways, and opened random doors, because, well, no one told me where exactly the Alpha's Hall was. Even though I got there the first time, I don't know how to get there the second time.

After what seemed like forever, I finally found the door with the Alpha's Hall sign.

I slowly twisted the doorknob, then peeked in.

I squinted my eyes to see through the small dent.

The two eldest Alphas sat on the white modular sofa, talking about things I couldn't quite hear.

Seeing that I couldn't get a snoop of anything, I just opened the door wider, and both their heads snapped in my direction.

It wasn't like I heard anything.

I raised one of my eyebrows.

"I brought food for Alpha Caine," I said, holding the tray out.

Caleb looked from the tray to Caine.

"Don't tell me all your muscles are from fats," Caleb said, staring at the piled-up parmesans. His lips closed tight telling me that he was trying to stifle a laugh.

Caine's mouth opened then closed.

"I eat even less than half of that!" Caine countered, glaring at his brother.

"Doubt it, have a nice time," he said, waving before going into his room and slamming the door shut.

Caine and I had a small staring contest before I finally looked away, staring at the rug with a 'welcome' sign instead.

He opened the door of his room and motioned for me to get in. I was honestly surprised it was how I left it, I thought it would turn even messier than before.

I placed the tray on a random table and was about to leave the room when Caine stopped me with an arm.

"You brought too much food for me."

So? "Sorry? I'll just put it back downstairs then."

"No it's fine, eat with me instead," he offered.

Eat with you? No thanks.