Chapter 13

I can't believe it, there's a war and I'm just sitting here in a beanbag chair, waiting for things to happen. I wanted to escape, but the man is on the bed, watching my every move. I'm not hoping for someone to save me, they already have much things in their hands, I don't want to add to it. 

Since I'd be staying here for a while, I might as well try to be comfortable. Before I could move another step, the door burst open. The man looked up.

"Ah, you're finally here. Don't worry I took care of your mate," the man said.

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my own mate," Caine growled.

"I'm not saying you can't, but those vampires that are attacking those wolves are very powerful, some have some witch in them too."

"Your also a vampire, why aren't you helping them?"

I gasped, "Your a vampire?!" I'm the dumbest one of the three.

The man's gaze went on me, "Yes, wasn't it obvious?"

He's a blood sucking vampire the whole time and I didn't know?! I thought werewolves had some sort of ability so that they could tell humans and vampires apart. Oh I almost forgot... the guy did some sort of injection that made my wolf disappear from my head.

Then the man turned to look at Caine. "I'm not in their clan, why should I help them?"

"Because your all vampires," Caine replied.

"Not all of us are that bad."

"C'mon, I just saved your mate from the war and this is how I'm being repaid?!" The man glared at Caine as he stood from the bed.

I just stared at the two of them as the drama unfolded. It's like a real movie, all that's missing is the popcorn. Just thinking of popcorn made me drool. I hadn't eaten for some time now. I looked at the table, there were still three more chocolate bars and a bag of candies. I ripped the plastic pack of the candies and started munching on the candies, while watching the two of them. 

I stretched my arms at the large beanbag chair and took a little nap.

***

"You bastard! Did you put poison on the candies?!" A familiar voice growled.

"No I didn't! Why is all the blame on me?!" Another voice hissed.

I blinked my eyes and sat up. I was back on the bed, Caine and the vampire man sat next to each other, staring at me.

"Uhhh," I muttered.

"Are you okay?" Caine asked.

Did they mistakenly thought I passed out? I was just sleeping-

"Uhh yeah," I replied. This was awkward. I sat up and that's when my wolf perked up. 

Hi, human! I missed you so much! She squealed.

I missed you too? What did the injection thing do to you?

Made me fall unconscious for a while, at least I'm back! She giggled.

Yeah, welcome back!

Where are we?

Some vampire's lair.

Well, at least mate is here, that's all that matters to me!

I blinked. 

Why are all of them staring at us?

They think I got poisoned—

Oof, let them think that, then we can get special treatment, my wolf snickered.

I smirked mentally at my wolf. Great idea!

I snuggled and curled myself up in the blanket. They both stared at me worriedly, I just blinked and stared back.

"She doesn't look like she's been poisoned," the vampire guy said as he reached out to touch my forehead. Before he got to touch it, Caine swatted his hand away.

"Don't touch her," Caine growled.

"I was just checki-"

"Your making excuses to touch her."

"No I'm not-"

"Stop denying it!"

Okay, these two have lost it— I don't really get why they fight a lot but it's quite entertaining to watch. Caine rested a hand on my forehead, checking my temperature. And for some reason, I didn't want him to pull his hand back. His touch was warm and gentle, and I found myself closing my eyes, just focusing on his touch.

"Her temperature is normal, maybe I overreacted a little," Caine murmured.

"Okay then, I only stayed to check if she was fine," the vampire guy said as he stood up.

Caine pulled me into lap and I snuggled closer to him by instinct. I watched as the vampire guy left the room. Caine held up a bar of chocolate to my face. "Here, it'll make you feel better."

I grabbed the chocolate bar and ate it hungrily. Caine watched me with amusement in his eyes, his hand flew up to my bottom lip and gently rubbed the chocolate on it. Whenever and whatever part of me he touched, I didn't want him to let go, I had to force myself to not grab his arm and make his hand stay in the same place.

That's because of the mate bond, my wolf explained. It makes you want to feel his touch no matter what, don't worry, he also feels it. And even if you try to not think about it, it still pops back up in your head.

Caine withdrew his hand from cheek which he had been caressing just a few moments ago. He cuddled me tightly to his chest. I could hear his heart beating and it just made me feel more relaxed.

"I'm glad Daniel got you in here, the war... it's not going too well for us," Caine muttered. "And those half witch vampires have created a barrier so that the wolves within the place couldn't escape."

"Oh," was all I could get out. 

I was sitting here in Caine's lap, safe, while the others were fighting to just survive. I want to help, but even if I wanted to,I couldn't. I had only been a wolf for a few days. I'm not trained- and I'm not brave enough to just go in a fight without knowing any moves.