Chapter 10

The night of the full moon has come. The first full moon I will be spending as a wolf. "Lock yourself up in the basement," Caine had said. He told me it will hold me off, so that I would be able to stay in the pack house for the night. But I didn't, I didn't want to lock myself up. That night I grew restless. I started transforming into a wolf. The very first time I would be able to do the transformation. 

But little did I know, once I have fully transformed, I suddenly had the urge to kill. To kill everyone in my path. I was restless, I jumped out of the window and into the woods. I started finding for someone to be my prey. But then, a vampire appeared. "Ah, a little disobedient wolf," he said, a menacing smile on his face. I growled at him but he just patted me and took me in his arms. I wanted to bite him, attack him. But I could do nothing of the sort. The man smiled at me then pointed to a human. Suddenly, my urges to kill heightened. I leapt towards the human girl and attacked. I didn't know what I was doing until it was done. 

***

I woke up, panting, sweat filled my forehead. I looked around, this was the day I was going to be turned to a werewolf. Do I really want this? What would happen if I accidentally killed someone just like I had in the dream? 

I'll be fine as long as I do what the other wolves do. But I still feel scared for whatever t will happen. It's just a bite but the transformation... I might kill someone by accident, but as long as I do what Caine says I won't do anything wrong, right?

Yeah I'll be good.

I walked out of my room and went through flights of stairs. I was planning to ask Caine what to do but when I reached the door, I heard voices.

"No. Your not the one that's going to turn her."

"Yes. I'll be the one to turn her! What if the other wolf messes up? She's my mate!"

"It's unfair for the others, she's just a normal slave."

My heart skipped a beat. Were they talking about me? My heart started picking up a pace and I started sweating.

"She's my mate; therefore she's my equal."

After those words, I accidentally knocked off a vase, but I caught it in time. God, my clumsiness. I immediately put it back in place. I didn't want to get caught, so I left. But after a few minutes, I went back there, this time, I didn't waste any time and opened the door. And once I did, I found all three brothers staring at me. Welp, this is awkward.

"Uhh," I stammered. Okay, I just realized I don't know what to say. Oh well.

"Just get on with it, brother," Carter said through clenched teeth.

Caine walked over to me, then grabbed my hand and let me sit on one of the leather coaches. I could feel sparks on where our hands touched. I had to shut my mouth to not let out a satisfied sigh.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Caine asked.

"Y-yes," I tried my best to not make my voice shaky but I was nervous.

"Alright then..."

He leaned close to my neck, so close that I could feel his hot breath on it. He opened his mouth and elongated his canines. Then, he plunged a hole on my neck, letting the substance in his canines sink through my neck. That was all I remembered until everything turned black.

***

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I noticed was that my eyesight was way clearer. Then I heard some conversations in the hallway. I'm officially an eavesdropper.

Hi human, a voice inside my head said.

Umm, hi? Who are you? Get out of my head.

I'm basically you. I'm your wolf.

Oh yeah. I forgot I was basically a werewolf. Oh.

Humans are dumber than I thought, the wolf said.

I glared at it. The door burst open and Caine went in. "Thank God your awake."

"What?"

"I thought I did it wrong!" He said.

I wasn't paying any more attention to whatever he was saying because my wolf won't stop talking in my head.

Isn't mate charming?

Excuse me?

Caine's our mate! He's the cutest thing!

Keep dreaming.

I'm telling the truth! He's our mate! And he sure is hot...

I mentally snarled at my wolf, who kept rambling about Caine. But the real Caine stared at me. "Uhh I think your wolf is bugging you then?" He asked with a grin.

I nodded.

I'm not bugging you! 

Yes you are.

Hmph! If I stop talking, you'd feel like you lost your other half.

I doubt it but I kind of enjoyed my wolf blabbing around. 

"Caine?" I said.

"Hmm?" He asked, letting me go on.

"What did my wolf say about mates?"

When I had said that he jumped. "What did she say?"

"She said your my mate, I don't get it," I said honestly.

A mate is someone you're destined to love forevermore, my wolf said happily.