Chapter 7

Fuck

Fuck. 

   I PULLED INTO THE PENTHOUSE with Nayomi and take in the silence. The flight had gone well and we got to the airport in no time. 

   Roman rushed out of the place and went straight to his million-dollar mansion, we wouldn't be crossing paths for a long time. 

  "This is niceeee, Is that an ice cube machine?" Nayomi dropped her bags at the entrance and explored the kitchen. I headed down the dark hallway towards the rooms and opened the master bedroom setting down my bags and placing my gun on the nightstand. 

   I sent a text to Leona saying we'd arrived and landed in the bed. Without taking off my shoes or any clothing my eyes clothes and I went straight to sleep. 

   Big mistake.   

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

   But ofcourse the one moment I fall asleep havoc reeks. A crashing noise awoke me, it sounded like a window. I quickly took my gun off the nightstand and opened the door slowly, the silence was deadly. 

Nayomi was awake and already wide awake peeking out of her door, I quietly crept closer to the living room. Glass was all over the floor, I looked up and found the glass sunroof completely shattered and a black rope draping down. 

   "What the fuck?" I spoke before I was taken into a chokehold by a buff man. I had dropped my gun and started scratching at his arm. I drew my head forward and forced it back and straight into his face. 

   I recaught my breath and I heard a scream from Nayomi, another man popped out of nowhere and grabbed her. She threw a harsh punch towards him and they scrambled on the floor. 

   A grunt escaped my mouth as a harsh blow was delivered to my stomach and I hit the wall. He hit a lady while she was already down and I ended up gasping for air on the floor. 

   He stopped thinking I was done and I knew it was my time to shine, I regained energy and swiped at his leg making him fall straight on his ass, I quickly straddled him and pressed my hands on his throat. 

   I was loving this    

   But he wasn't because he instantly threw me over him knocking the wind out of me, I looked and saw my gun not that far away from me. I brought myself up to reach for it but a tug at my leg stopped me. 

   I pulled my leg up and my boot's heel connected with his shiny bald head and ugly face. I grabbed the gun and pointed it at him just when a glass bottle shattered against the other guy's face from Nayomis blow.  She successfully knocked him out. 

   "What are you doing here?" I shouted at the mystery man on the floor with a bloody nose and mouth from my not-so-nice kick. 

   "You're supposed to be dead, Ellowyn-" I nearly gasped at the mention of my old name "You h-hold more power than you think you d-do"