Up In the Air

Your POV:
You've been flying for about four hours. You're sitting in your seat reading (you got a window seat, but Mom made you close the cover on the window so you couldn't see), next to Piper, who's next to Marcus. Matthew is behind you, next to Mom, who's next to Isabela.

After putting down your book and grabbing your phone, you text Piper;

Can you tell me You-Know-What now?

You hear her phone buzz and watch her read the text and smirk, then furiously begin to type;

Not over text! What if Mom randomly checks our phones and realizes I spoiled it for you? She'd be heated! We would both get in trouble!

You roll your eyes as you read this. Then give her a look and send;

Well, when are you expecting to tell me? We're already on the plane! I'll find out anyway when we get there! It's beginning to not even be worth it to give you what you want!

She answers back swiftly;

Fine! Then I won't even bother telling you!

Fine! You send back angrily.

You see her swing her phone up to her face and it scrunches up like a rabbit's.
Fine!

That was a little immature, you'll admit. But, maybe it's better this way, the trip will be a surprise. If Piper was telling the truth about how finding out would make you feel better, maybe it will be somewhere great and you'll be glad you waited.

You decide to take a nap for the rest of the ride, or at least as long as you can. Your sleeping schedule is pretty whack.

A few hours later, you're being shaken awake by Piper. Ugh, what does she want? You wonder.

"Do you want something to eat?" She asks you in a whisper-yell.

It was then that you realized you were actually really hungry. "Oh. Yeah, actually." You say to her in a neutral voice, because you're not quite sure if you two are still fighting or not.

You order a small salad and lasagna a bit awkwardly, due to the fact that you're still half asleep, and because you're just generally pretty socially awkward.

You both thank the stewardess and she leaves. You notice that Marcus is passed out beside Piper, looking a little silly. The top of his head is against the headrest, and his butt is much too forward in the seat, causing his legs to bend and making his knees stick out like a chicken.

You laugh a little at him, then nudge Piper and whisper; "Maybe we should wake him up and tell him to sit normally, that's going to be a major pain in the morning, especially with the jet lag."

She and laughs a little. "But he looks so funny!"

You don't say anything, just nod your head at him and she pretend-pouts before shoving him lightly.

He jumps up with a start and he still looks funny, with his eyes wide open and not focused while he whips his head back and forth, clearly trying to get his bearings and figure out where he is.

You silently pray you woke up more gracefully than that.

Once he's up and realized where he is, you tell him through a stifled laugh; "Straighten your back and sit up properly or you'll be really sore in the morning."

"Oh." He says through a yawn. "Okay."

Now, here comes a stewardess with our food. You sit up straight and lay out the tray on your lap. "Thank you so much." You say to the lady and smile.

She smiles and leaves. Piper got a salad and mashed potatoes.

You eat your food and then go back to sleep. You're surprised you were able to get this much sleep. You barely ever sleep.

When you wake up again, Piper tells you that Mom said a few minutes ago there were only two more hours of the flight left. Then, you would arrive wherever you're headed.

"You wanna watch a movie for the rest of it then?" You ask her.

"Sure!" She says to you.

You end up watching Finding Nemo, because it's the only movie you both agreed on.

You're forty minutes into the movie when Marcus wakes up and asks to watch with you. You brought a triple headphone jack adaptor because you figured this might happen. You pull it out and plug it into the tablet and the three of you watch the movie uninterrupted for the rest of the flight.

Finally, you've arrived. Since you have earphones in, you don't hear what the announcement says about where exactly you've arrived at.

You take out your headphones and shove your phone in your pocket, then slowly all the passengers stand up, grab their things and file out of the plane.

Eventually, you and your family all do the same.

Once you exit the plane, you take in your surroundings. You're shocked to find that you're in Paris! You're in fricking Paris! You look around at the signs and only when Mom grabs your shoulders and asks; "Are you OK?" do you realise that you're jumping up and down and crying.

Piper was right, this definitely fixed your mood! You nod at Mom enthusiastically. "Oh my gosh, we're moving to fricking Paris! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" You say to her while jumping up and down, holding her shoulders.

"This is a much better reaction than I thought you'd have about moving!" She said while laughing.

"Well, yeah! Because we're moving to fricking Paris!"

"I know!"

You stop giggling when Matthew taps Mom on the shoulder and asks; "Is there something that we should be doing right now?"

"Oh! Uh, yes! I rented a van for us to use until we can buy one here." She grabs your shoulders then says, "Y/N, want to drive?"

"Oh! Yes, yes, yes!" You grunt and do a little happy dance. Everyone knows you're the best driver in the family.

You all happily walk through the doors and to the van.

A/N: Okay so, yay! I finished the third chapter! Also, I have never been on a plane and I have no experience with airports. If I was a little off or way off, I'm sorry! I tried not to go into too much detail on that front. Feel free to comment what the real experience is like. Speaking of comments, I'm totally fine with healthy criticism on my work, but I won't tolerate meanness. Also, I understand that it can be hard to come off not negative with comments that are supposed to be helpful criticism. I've got pretty thick skin, so I'll probably be fine. Thank you so much for reading.

Bye-bye, little butterflies!