What a ride!

Your POV:
You're so excited! You're going to the carnival with Adrien! This is so great! You want to pay for yourself but he won't let you, so you decide that you owe him one.

You walk in together with your arm roped into his.

"What should we do first?" He asks you.

You feel like being a bit crazy so you say, "Let's find the scariest ride possible and do that one!"

"A little dangerous..." He says suggestively and raises his eyebrows. "I like it."

Then he leads you over to a really big roller coaster. It has a whole load of ups and downs and looks absolutely terrifying. Maybe asking for the scariest ride possible wasn't a great idea considering you have a fear of heights.

Oh, gosh, you're in for it now. "Woah." Is all you can manage to say.

"You scared?" He says before he turns to look at you and sees that you actually look really scared. "It's okay, we can do something else."

You swallow your fear as best you can and tell him, "No way! I'm not scared! This was my idea remember? Maybe you're the one who's scared."

"No, I'm not. Let's go!" He says, then whispers in your ear, "But, if you do get scared, don't worry, I'll protect you."

The sudden closeness makes you blush so you turn away and walk towards the long line.

"Okay, then." He mutters.

Soon, there are only a couple people in front of you, and you get a bit nervous. What if you freak out in front of Adrien?

The people in front of you all head to the coaster, and the ride operator offers a seat to only one of you. "No thanks." Adrien responds for both of you.

"Okay. Get ready, everyone!" The guy calls out to the people on the ride.

You don't realize until Adrien looks at you oddly that you're rubbing your thumb against the palm of your other hand, something you do when you're nervous.

"You good?" He asks. "We can go to a different ride if you want."

You shake your head, partly for him, partly for yourself. "No, I'm fine. They're almost done. We can get the front seats if you want." You really don't want to, but you also don't want to seem like a wimp to Adrien.

"Yeah, let's do it!" He says enthusiastically.

The last ride finishes and you both go through the gate and get in the very front. You can't help but notice how close you and Adrien are to each other.

He seems to notice too and flinches a bit at the realization. Does he not like you or something? Why would he invite you here then? Is it because he feels bad that you're the new girl and he's your only friend? Surely he isn't like that?

"You excited?" He asks, interrupting your troublemaking thoughts.

But, in doing so, he makes you much more conscious of where you are. That is, on a roller coaster, getting ready to take a ride.

"Yes!" You blurt out fearfully, hoping it sounds enthusiastic.

That's when the ride starts. Immediately you regret deciding to pretend to be brave for Adrien. Why exactly do you care so much what he thinks? You just met him!

When you reach the first peak, you make the mistake of looking down, and proceed to scream like a maniac.

Adrien looks extremely concerned, and stressed. "Oh my god, are you scared of heights?" He asks, obviously knowing the answer.

You nod your head and squeeze your eyes shut.

"Well, why did you ask for the scariest ride? This isn't nearly the worst part!" Why in the world would he say that?

"I didn't wanna seem like a wimp, okay?" You yell back at him.

"Oh my gosh, okay, take my hand. We're okay. Just breathe."

He was reaching out his hand to you! You got butterflies. But instead of taking his hand, you grab his arm and hold on for dear life as you guys head down the bend.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" You scream.

"It's alright, I'm right here!"

"No offense, but what are you going to do?"

He leans in and says quietly, "Well, I have a secret."

"What?"

"I'm Chat Noir."

"What?" You scream.

"Yeah, and I'll protect you!"

You don't notice until the ride stops that he had completely distracted you from your fear with his insane confession.

"Are you serious?" You whisper yell as you both step out of the seat.

"No. I just didn't know how else to keep your mind off the height." And even though he says he was joking, you can't help but notice that him and Chat Noir look a lot alike.

The golden hair, the flirty smirk, even their voices were similar. But the thing that shocks you the most is their eyes. You knew his eyes looked familiar when you first met him! They have the same piercing green eyes.

You need to look into this more. But, for now, you'll just enjoy your time with Adrien. And possibly note some things about him.

"Okay, for now I think we should stay away from the high rides." Adrien starts. "So... how about we hit the games?"

"Deal."

You head up to the games and you see a big black cat plushie. You instantly know that you need it for your collection.

A/N: This is the plushie:

"Oh. My. Gosh." You say. "I need that black cat plushie. Let's go!" You say and tug on his sleeve.

"Okay, okay. You want that? Bit of a Chat Noir fan, are we?" He says almost smugly, which you put into your evidence log about Chat Noir.

"A bit?" You say, "I'm his number one fan!"

"Wow! I've never met someone who liked Chat Noir so much!"

"Yeah, I've been a huge fan since the beginning! It was my fourteenth birthday the day he appeared in Paris. I always thought he came especially for me. Now, I know better, but it's fun to imagine."

"Yeah, you never know. Maybe he did."

A/N: Okay so this is loosely based off of my life. Like, the family members are similar to my own, as are some of Y/N's tendencies. I'm afraid of heights, and I have a majorly messed up sleeping schedule. Anyway, just wanted to say that. Hope you like this chapter, it'll probably be a few chapters about the carnival because it's adorable that they're there together! And because I don't like going too much over 1000 words. I find Wattpad stories to be best when the chapters are not like desperately long. Moving on, remember that constructive criticism is what I want to see, and bullying is what I hate. Thanks! You are so clawsome, thank you for reading this! Hope you have a great day or night or whatever, and see you next time!

Bye-bye, little butterflies!