The First Day

Your POV:
Tomorrow's the first day of school, and you're really excited to meet everyone, and possibly make some friends.

You're sitting in your new room, on your air mattress looking for jobs in the area. Mom said she thinks having some extra cash would be good for you, and you wholeheartedly agree. That way, if you do make some friends, you guys can go out and have as much fun as you want.

There's not a whole lot that looks promising, but you're hoping to maybe get a job at a cafe or a bakery. Then, you might get free food, plus pretty good money.

Anyway, at about 3:00am after looking for almost an hour and not finding anything, you give up and go to sleep, setting an alarm for 5:45am.

Yeah, you don't get nearly enough sleep.

Monday morning

You wake up to your alarm blaring. You drag yourself up and rub your eyes. Then you throw the blanket off and shiver at the sudden cold.

You stretch and yawn a little before heading to the bathroom to shower. You plug your phone into the outlet and start your playlist.

You start dancing crazily when you hear your favourite song come on.

When the chorus comes, you start singing and bopping your head, while stepping into the shower.

About ten minutes into your shower, you're glad you woke up when you did, because Piper starts banging on the door.

"How long will you be in there? I have to shower before school today!"

You roll your eyes and yell; "I'm in the shower! I have school today too! I'll be done in ten minutes."

She groans, but seems to walk away, leaving you with your tunes.

After you finish, you turn off the water and your music, and wrap yourself in a towel. When you walk out, you find Piper standing there, looking extremely put out. You can't help but laugh at her annoyed expression.

"Should've gotten up earlier if you were planning on showering in the morning." You say to her teasingly.

She scoffs and heads for the bathroom.

"Someone's moody." You hear from behind you and laugh.

You open your door and walk into your room, grabbing your clothes.

A plain black hoodie and baggy light blue jeans. Comfortable and cute. A good first impression, you think.

Once you've changed, you dry your hair and put it in two braids. Then you sit down on the floor and stretch.

Finally, you're ready. So, you head downstairs and grab an apple for breakfast. "Morning Mom." You greet your mother before taking a bite.

"Good morning, Y/N. How was your sleep?"

You can't help the snort that comes out, knowing you slept less than three hours. "Really? You didn't get any sleep before your first day?" She asks worriedly.

"Yes, I did. Just not as much as maybe I should have." You tell her, trying to smooth her worries.

"Fine." She sighs. "Would you like a drive to school?"

You turn and grab your bag, shoving your wallet, a notebook, and some pencils into it. "Sure. Thanks!"

First, Isabela gets dropped off at some primary school or something, whatever that looks like in France. Then, Marcus is dropped off at his middle school or whatever, and finally, you're headed for Collège Françoise Dupont, AKA Françoise Dupont High School.

"Bye, Mom!" You say as you step out of the van.

"Have fun!" She tells you.

You turn quickly and bump right into a blonde boy walking near you. You almost fall backwards onto the cement ground, but he catches you by your elbows and smirks a bit. When your eyes meet, you're mesmerized. It's eerily familiar, but you can't quite place your finger on it.

The moment is suddenly ruined when some girl with brown and orange ombré hair runs up and says suggestively, "Oh, Adrien. Who's this?"

He breaks the intense eye contact to look at this girl. "Hey, Alya! I don't know, actually. We just bumped into each other," He then turns back to you, "Who might you be, new girl?"

You try to recover from those amazing emerald eyes gracefully, but alas, you stutter out, "Uh, I'm... Y/N!"

"Enchanté, Y/N." He says charmingly to you as he kisses your hand.

You hear the girl mumble, "Player," under her breath and laugh a little.

Then for the first time in what feels like forever, you separate from the boy, and instantly miss his touch.

"So, what brings you here to the City of Love, Y/N?" He says with a smirk and a gesture around.

Geez, he is smooth. "I'm here for my Mom's work. And I think I'm here to stay."

"Well, the universe might truly be on my side, then. So, if you're new, you probably don't know your way around," you shake your head, "Okay, then let me be your guide!"

He holds out his hand to you, and you take it. Then he leads you inside.

His friend who usually sits beside him goes to sit with the Alya girl, and her friend goes to the back of the class. The classes are fairly easy, and you get by much better with Adrien's help.

At lunch, he introduces you to his friends, Alya, Nino, Marinette, Kagami, and Luka.

Alya and Nino have been dating for nearly three years, and Marinette and Luka dated a few months after Alya and Nino started dating, but they broke up soon after because Marinette had a crush on Adrien. A lot to remember, but you think you've got it.

Anyway, she's over him now and dating Luka again, and their one-year anniversary is in two months. Adrien is still single.

You tell them about life back home, and they tell you about the other students, the best restaurants, and their favourite places to hang out.

Adrien shows you to the next classes, and helps you catch up with the work they've been doing this year.

After school, he bids you goodbye, and you exchange numbers. He gets into a limo, which you wonder about for a moment before heading back to the house.

A/N: So, how do you like this chapter? I think it's pretty good, and I have a lot of plans for future parts of the book. Anywho, as usual, helpful criticism is welcome, but negativity will not be tolerated. I really appreciate you reading my writing. You are so pawsome! Have an ameowzing day/night!

Bye-bye, little butterflies!