33: Funeral

Andra's POV:

I wake up and groan

I already feel tired and I didn't even wake up yet what the fuck

My eyes open and I blink until I can clearly see the clock in front of me which reads 10:00 o'clock in the morning 

"You're finally awake" I hear Kai say

I sigh and turn to face him and I notice that he looks like that he has been awake for a while 

"How long have you been awake?" I ask groggily 

"Long enough, its fun to watch you sleep-not in a creepy way though. You mumble random things in you're sleep. Its cute." 

I chuckle quietly "its usually me being awake first"

"Mhm but now you are human and you get tired faster, causing you to wake up later" Kai tells me 

"Yup" I reply with a sigh, I was more awake now

"How's it going with the potion?"

"Not bad, Zak and a bunch of others are doing more research on it so we can find an accurate antidote. You'll get it by next month I think"

I sigh understandingly and nod

Kai speaks "this might be a weird question but do you maybe wanna stay human? Or at least not be a vampire?"

I dwell on the question for a bit. Have I thought about reversing my vampirism? Yes. But did I actually take action towards it? No. Being a tribrid gives me an advantage, a lot of people are scared of me and I'd like to keep it like that.

This world is cruel and I have endless enemies. If not me then my siblings. I'd be killed the moment I take any cure for vampirism. But sometimes-yeah I do want a family of my own, a person I can grow old with but that might never happen.

I take a deep breath before answering Kai "I have thought about reversing my vampirism, of course I have, I mean I would love to have kids of my own or someone to grow old with but I know I'd be killed as soon as word gets around that the all-powerful-tribrid is not so powerful anymore. You know since I won't even be a tribrid but just a were-witch"

Kai nods "yeah I get it" 

I smile at him and press a loving kiss to his lips

I hear the phone ringing and I groan

Looking at the caller ID I see Elena's number "what the hell" I mumble 

"What?" Kai asks 

"Its Elena" I tell him while pressing 'answer' 

"Hello" I begin our conversation 

"Hey- Andra, I know this is weird 'cause we like never talk but I kinda need your help"

Too tired for a snarky comeback about Elena only calling someone when she needs help, I sigh and reply with "what's up"

"Last night, Caroline's mom passed away" she begins and I sit up

"What?"

"Yeah, she didn't tell anyone. This morning I went to check on Liz and found out and Care's a crying mess right now. Although we aren't as close as we used to be I still care about her and I think you should be here" 

"I- yeah of course I'm on my way- and thanks for letting me know Elena" 

"Its no problem" she breathes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrive at the hospital and see the gang - Damon, Stefan, Bonnie, Elena, Tyler, Matt and Care