Chapter 1

Westwood High school hallway was filled with chatter, the place overcrowded as students moved about their business all on the first day of school. You'd think you would be seeing swelled faces for being dragged out of their bed so early but instead, all I was seeing was bright smiles. Who are these people?

The jocks laughing about god knows what, the cheerleaders doing a little cheer in the middle of the hall while other friends catch up on what they did during the summer all in all everyone was exited except me. I was leaning on the locker with a dull face, anger burning inside of me when I remembered the look on my mother's face when she woke me up this morning.

'God, I would give that miserable woman away for at least one dollar.' I thought bitterly, rolling my eyes at myself.

"I want you to help me bury a body," Xena exclaimed, coming to a stop infront of me. She nodded her head as if deciding that she finally made a decision.

I raised my brows, "Xena, it's an early Monday morning. Save murdering for another day or ask Curtis I think he'll assist you."

"You are officially the worst best friend in history," she answered, shaking her head before pulling her locker open. I laughed, "Yeah, right. What's got you acting so crazy anyways?"

Xena furrowed her brows in confusion and turn to look at me. She scanned my face, "Well, for starters, it the first day of school second my brother got that bitch pregnant and now her father is going to kill him if he doesn't marry her."

I pursed my lips, confused as hell, "Okay, tell me what happened during the summer and I'll kill you later for not answering my text and calls."

She closed her eyes and let out a sigh, "Okay, so you remember Trudy Wagner?"

I made a confused face.

Xena scoffed and rolled her eyes, "My brother's girlfriend. She's pregnant, my Mom's pissed, her Dad is angry and wants to kill my brother."

I nodded my lips forming an o shape. "Aren't they in college?"

She nodded and sigh, "I just don't want anything to happen to my brother. I doubt that baby is even his."

I looked away from her, not wanting to say something that would make her mad or hurt her feelings. "Why do you think it's not his?"

She raised a brow at me, "Are you kidding? That girl is trouble, you can see that just by looking at her."

I shrugged, brushing my ear behind my ears. Trudy was trouble or according to the rumours, she was. Xena was a dark skinned girl with pretty hazel eyes. Her lips were painted in red. Xena and I have been friends for a long time. We met years ago as freshman and we've been thick ever since.

"I hope everything goes well with your family," I told her honestly. I looked around at the students again as they chatted among each other, everyone doing their own thing.

"Well, enough about me how was your summer?"

I looked over at her and gave her a bitter smile, "You would've known if you just answered my calls...my text...my snaps...and everything I tried to reach you on."

Xena groaned and threw her head back, "I'm sorry, Faye. I was just having a good time and I didn't want you to ruin that."

I gasp dramatically, "Hmm, at least I know where I stand in this relationship. We're done."

Xena snorted before shaking her head, "But really, how was your summer?"

"Max died," I told her.

She pout, "Oh no. I loved that little gold fish. Why did he have to die so soon? He was one of the only reason I even came over. The other reason was your mother's cooking."