Chapter 3

I dropped my school bag on the desk and sat down, pressing my fist to my cheek in boredom. I glared at my desk with hatred. My mother had done it again. At this point I was seriously considering selling her, but if I didn't want her, who would?

From the moment she threw me off the bed, I knew this day wasn't going to go great for me. According to her she was calling for me and I answered but didn't come. It was kind of funny seeing her complain the whole morning while she got ready and ended up being late. I've never seen a more miserable person ever and she makes me miserable.

My mother is a hard working woman and an only mother of three children. It was hard having to deal with our bullshit alone and not have anyone around to help her with us, I understand that, but at the same time it wasn't easy to deal with her quick mood shifts and a annoying five year old and a disgusting fifteen year old. I scrunched my face up, remembering my brothers faces as they tried not to laugh at the scolding I was getting. I couldn't even remember what Mom was scolding me about. It must've been the leftovers my nasty ass brothers left in the refrigerator and decided they didn't want it anymore. I wasn't going to eat their leftovers.  She was complaining about wasting food and gave me, as if I was the one that left the food in the refrigerator, a scolding to last me a lifetime.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

She didn't even give me a chance to explain.

"And what did that poor desk do to you?"

I turned towards Theo who was sitting in the chair beside me, the chair I planned to save for Curtis since he was running late this morning and had this first period with me. I was going to have to kick his ass for making me have to take the little kids bus this morning. It was filled with annoying little children, the only person my age on the group was Micheal and I couldn't build a conversation with him because he never talks, ever, but is literally the smartest guy in school.

"It didn't try to kill me with a ball. That's for sure," I smiled at him cheekily.

"I thought I apologized for that," He said, raising a brow.

I grinned, "You did, I'm just annoying."

"You are."

I reeled back to look at him with a perplexed look. He wasn't supposed to agree with that.

"I'm not."

"I'm joking. Is this seat taken by the way?"

"Well, you're sitting in it so I guess yeah." I answered, looking away once I noticed our new teacher walked in. Two girls trailing behind her with her books and bag in their hands.

Theo rolled his eyes, "I meant before I sat here."

"Aren't you supposed to ask before you sit?"

Theo shrugged, meeting my eyes as I smiled, "Yeah, but I wanted to sit here either way." He leaned a little closer, "Closer to you."

I scoffed, "You're an idiot."

"And you're a fool."

I pulled my lips up, refraining from smiling, "And you're stupid."

"Dumb person says what?"

I gave him a confused look, "What?"

He leaned away from me and smirked, "Exactly."

I frowned, before it clicked, "You little shit..."

"It seems that everyone is having their own class. Tell me when you're done so I can start mine!" Our new teacher spoke, scanning us with a strict gaze.