Chapter 4

It must've been the pissed off look on my face that was preventing the little kids from coming anywhere near me to buy the ice cream. But I swear I wasn't angry I always look like this whenever I wasn't laughing like a pig or smiling. My boss came out here just to tell me to put on a big smile several times, but the last time I did that I couldn't smile for a day.

I looked down at the little girl that was walking away from me, her hands tightly clutching her mother's. She looked up at me and I smiled down at her before her eyes lit up as she realized she was infront of a ice cream stand. I watched as she tapped her mother's thigh, gaining her attention.

"Can we get some ice cream?"

The mother looked down at her before looking at me, a smile breaking on her lips as she nods to me. "Two please."

I nodded, smiling gently at the little girl as I shared her ice cream on the cone and handed it to her and made one for her mother who gave me the money after. The moment the two walked of my smile dropped and I ran my gaze over the dozens of people walking by. Anyone looking at me now would think I was depressed. Even though I loved the job because it wasn't at all hard, it was exhausting standing on my foot for hours, forcing a big smile and try my best not to tell the creeps, who would stop and try to hold conversation with me, to fuck of because then my boss wouldn't like that and would probably fire me.

I fixed my lips into a smile and served another customer that stopped. The only time I felt comfortable to scowl was when three teenagers most likely younger than me were too busy talking about sex and who was better than who to even notice, but even if they did, I didn't care and neither did they. I put my hand behind the stand and discreetly glance down at my watch and I sigh softly. Only half an hour left. The noon was slowly turning into night and most stands around me were getting ready to leave.

"Can't wait until the boss fires you. Have you never heard of customer satisfaction?"

I thought of hanging myself with a rope when I heard that voice. Frederick Gray, the only words to describe this asshole was the word annoying and disgusting. The boy had never seen me and not have something negative to say. I didn't know why exactly he was so hellbent on ruining the days I had to work here. Maybe it was because I spilled scorching hot tea on him on my first day and continually screwed things up to which he got blamed for, all on my first day. He was in charge of showing me how everything worked. Where I should leave everything after my shift.

He has bright green eyes, with chocolate brown hair. He's a good looking guy, that was until he started talking.

"Fuck off, Freddy," I whispered, loud enough for him to hear me without looking at him.

The boy scowled at me, eyes following my moves with irritation. "It's Frederick," he put emphasis on his name.

"I could care less," I muttered, looking back at him with a bored gaze, "What do you want?"

His scowl deepened, but then he just smiled and shrugged, green eyes meeting mine, "You got little to no customers today and I can't help but feel giddy at the thought of the boss firing you."

I lifted a brow and met his gaze. The small smirk spread across my lips at the uncomfortable look he had on his face after I just stared at him like a maniac. I looked away and began packing my things. "Have a nice day Freddy."

Frederick's scowl returned. He moved towards the ice creams to put them back into the refrigerator. He turned around to give me a look before speaking, eyes looking at me as if I was scum off his shoes, "Mr. Rodriguez is canceling the meeting  for Wednesday night. It's not until next week Tuesday, same time."

I frown remembering that I didn't really have work on that day next week and had already promised my mother that I would watch my brothers. "Why?"

Frederick rolls his eyes at me, another problem he had with me was my never ending questions, which I do mostly to annoy him, "How should I know? He's the boss, he calls meeting off and on whenever he's ready."