Chapter 5

"Why the hell are you guys so late?!" Xena exclaimed as she made her way towards the car. "And why are you in my seat?"

I winced at the pounding headache in my head. Curtis peered a eye open to look at Xena around the back who gasped dramatically.

"You guys didn't."

Curtis and I looked at each other before giving her a sheepish smile.

"The feeling of imence betrayal. I can't believe you two would have a conversation, sleep over, and movie night without me," Xena glared at both of us and I rolled my eyes. I winced, stifling a yawn.

"Serve you both for being tired. I don't even want to be in this disgusting car anymore," she fold her arms across her chest and I laughed.

"Then get out," said Curtis as he pulled out of the drive way and onto the road.

"I will... when I'm at school and when you drop me back home. And I won't get in there until I have to go to school again."

Curtis scoffed which earned him a slap in the head back from Xena.

Curtis and I stayed up until one in the morning and we only had a short amount of time to sleep on the couch before we were woken up by my mother cleaning the house. Since she didn't have a job at the moment she had all the time in the world to clean and she was making use of it. I furrowed my brows, feeling like I was going to cry any moment. I have lost precious sleep.

"I'm never doing that again," I groaned, "Please tell me we don't look like the walking dead."

"I'm not going to lie," Xena said, as if that was the worst thing in the world she could possibly do.

"I would wear these glasses if the school wouldn't be deep in my ass for it," I muttered, frowning once the school came into view. No one was outside which meant we were double late. This may not mean anything to Curtis and me, but to Xena it was like being sent to hell. The only thing I heard was the car door slamming shut before she was infront of it, sprinting to the school doors.

"You want to skip the first session?" Curtis asked, exhausted. He began to wind up his car windows indicating that he was going to take a long nap before he came in.

"And have my mother kick my ass? No thank you," I tapped him on the shoulder, before pulling the car door open. I waved at him, then made my way through the parking lot and towards the school door.

The morning session passed by in a blur, mostly because I was sleeping inside the teacher's class which had them lecturing me almost the whole class time while I was struggling not to fall asleep again. My mother was definitely going to hear about this. To make matters worst I couldn't even understand the notes I wrote down because most of it was mixed together and some letters and words were missing. I'll have to get those notes from a different student.

Now, I was currently sitting in the cafeteria with two big slice of pizza and a apple juice. Curtis sat down beside me, smiling like a cheshire cat before he put a sealed energy drink infront of me. I grabbed the bottle like a thirsty dog, screwing the cork open before putting it to my mouth.

"Thank you. Did you drown yourself with this before you came inside?" I turned to look at him, seeing him with one of my pizza as he stuffed his mouth full. He nodded.

Xena slid in the seat infront of us before grabbing my other slice of pizza. "Guess what?"

"I'm not going to guess one shit until you both buy back my lunch," I scowled, blinking my eyes at her in disbelief.

They both ignored me and Curtis raised a brow, "What?"

"Natalie's throwing a party this weekend and we're going."