04

The hallways of the redone section of Oak Crest Preparatory School are mostly bare. Every once in a while you will find a piece of artwork that had been made by some random dead artist that had been donated to the school.

My first class is AP statistics. I roam the hallways to find the classroom. By the time I arrive at the door there are already a few students inside. The way this classroom is set up there are tables for four people to sit at.

I decided to sit at an open table since there were other people already sitting at the other tables. Setting my bag down next to me, I grabbed my phone and aimlessly scrolled through it.

The warning bell rang soon after I sat down and more students filed into the room. A girl sits down in the seat next to me and another girl sits down across from her. The girl next to me has pale skin that sharply contrasts the deep color of her hair that stops right at her shoulders.

Her uniform looked the same as mine. The top few buttons of her white shirt were also undone. On her neck there was a choker-like necklace made out of small silver circles and a loser silver necklace with a dainty pearl in the center. The tips of her nails were covered in a gorgeous forest green color. She also had black winged liner on her eyes.

"I'm Isla," she introduced herself as she turned towards me and smiled. I turned my shoulders to face her and introduced myself. She seems like a genuinely nice person.

"I just wanted to let you know," she starts, "that Lexi and I can help you find anything you might need while you're at school." I give her a sort of questioning look as to how she knows I'm new. I realize this isn't the biggest school but they have enough students where if you weren't paying attention you may not notice a new student joining.

"Oh yeah, sorry I should have explained that first. I work with the student ambassadors stuff for new students. I met your brother a few days ago when he was at practice. You two look a lot like you know," she explains while examining my face closer, probably looking for even more resemblances between me and my brother.

"Yeah, I've heard that a lot," I say nodding my head slowly in agreement while also being slightly confused. I don't disagree with her statement, more so just how much information she already knows about me.

Isla's head suddenly turns towards the other girl. "I forgot to introduce Lexi," she quickly speaks and she looks back towards me, "This is Lexi. We've both gone here since we were young. Hmmm lets see? I'm not sure what else," she finishes and looks towards me to ask a question or talk about myself, I'm not sure which one though.

I glance over towards the girl sitting across from Isla. Her skin is a deep brown and her hair was in tight curls that went down past her collar bones. Compared to me and Isla, she had her tie tied around her neck and under the collar of her shirt. She has small diamond studs in her ears. She looks like she is about to say something but gets cut off by the final bell.

The teacher who had been sitting at her desk walks over towards the door to shut it before someone walks through the door and he shuts it behind himself.

"Sorry Ms. Thompson, it won't happen again," he apologies sarcastically. His voice is deep and after I see the teacher roll her eyes at his statement. "Just take a seat Mr. Parker," she says and I laugh slightly. As I look closer I notice his hair is brown and is curly, kind of like the guy I saw this morning. It is the guy idiot.

Parker glances around the room from where he is standing at the front. He looked at Lexi sitting diagonally from me and decided to walk over to our table. The only open seat was across from me so that's where he sits.

As Parker walked over I noticed how tall he was and I looked down at his hands. He had a watch on his wrist and his veins slightly showed on the top of his hands and up through his wrists, disappearing into his blazer. My gaze continued to travel up until it stopped on his face. Shit he was hot. To be honest, the uniforms made every guy hotter. When I made eye contact with him he was already looking at me.

This made him smirk as if he caught me doing something I shouldn't be. I just rolled my eyes at him. Whenever a guy looks at me, my first response is to roll my eyes. It's a problem at this point.

The teacher takes the next few minutes to introduce herself and the curriculum syllabus. Parker is sitting in the chair across from me. Almost immediately I can sense his feet are next to mine. His legs are able to reach all the way to my side of the table and are on either side of my legs. I look up at him and as if it ask 'could you move your fucking feet?' and he gives me a 'what are you talking about' look but also very well knowing what I meant.

I decided just to turn my attention to Ms. Thompson. "I also wanted to let you all know that these will be your assigned seats for the quarter. After each quarter you will be given the chance to change seats if you wish."

Great. At least I'll be with Isla and Lexi I guess.

"Okay, first things first. I know you hate doing them but let's do a few ice breakers with the people at your tables. I know most of you know each other but it can also give you a chance to catch up with each other," Ms. Thompson tells us. I personally like ice breakers, they waste class time which is fine with me. "At each table there should be a paper with questions you can ask each other if you can't think of any."

I turn towards the people sitting at our table and Lexi speaks first. "Parker, why are you sitting here? Can't you go bother other people."

"Because I felt like seeing you and meeting our newest recruit," he said sarcastically while gesturing towards me. I glanced back at Lexi and cocked my eyebrow to ask 'are you dating him?' she gave a gagging gesture in response and scrunched her nose in disgust.

"Wait guys, I really want to ask each other questions. I think it's fun and I want to learn more about Reese!" Isla says quickly. She probably thought Lexi and Parker were going to start arguing. They both nodded in agreement. "Oooh I got one. Reese, where did you live before?" she asked me.

"Minnesota. I lived in Dellwood with my dad and brother," I answered and looked back at her. She gave me a nod that seemed to be encouraging me to ask a question next. "Uh, I'm not really sure what to ask."

"I got a question for Reese," Parker interrupts me, "You've played sports, yeah?"

What a dumb question that could only come from such a dumb person. I nod my head yes slowly but I don't tell him what sport.

"Good. Favorite position?" he questions innocently. All I can do is roll my eyes. Of course that's what he asks. I put on a sweet fake smile before answering. "I actually did cheer, so you know I'm quite," I paused before continuing, "flexible," I say, slightly pouting my bottom lip. Lexi tries to hide her smile while Isla starts laughing. Parker just laughs slightly while shaking his head and crossing his arms over his chest.

I watch as Ms. Thompson walks near our table. She is probably in her thirties with dark brown hair and golden brown skin. She had been walking around and observing the other tables so I figured it would be a perfect time to ask a more appropriate question in case she comes to our table.

"Parker," I muse as he looks up, meeting my eyes, "Ice cream or cake?" Simple but maybe he will move on from the previous topic.

"Ice cream," he pauses and continues without breaking eye contact, "because most people don't realize you have to savor every lick and every taste to truly appreciate it's flavor. Plus cake isn't as special, you can find it everywhere." After he finishes we continue holding eye contact.

"Great answer Mr. Parker. I had no idea you were such an ice cream enthusiast," Ms. Thompson says from right behind me, making me jump slightly. I look down at the table to try to hide my smile after her oblivious comment.

"I've tried a lot of both and always believed it was the best."

Was that hot?

Yes.

Do I want to admit that?

No.

Is he a dick?

Yes.

Authors Note:

Hehe I love Isla and Lexi (also we like both of them I promise)

Also I 100% got the name Isla from Barbie Princess Charm School

Happy reading

Pinterest - clarice_writes