10

The party had ended without too many spectacles. Nothing else happened other than I did get the chance to talk to Diego for a few minutes before I was dragged away by Isla because she wanted to go home.

Neither of us ended up getting drunk or even anywhere near tipsy which was slightly disappointing seeing as after my conversation with Parker made me almost feel the need to down half a dozen beers.

It was Wednesday and a white day which meant I got to go to school later. I found out after the first week of school that the two different days of classes had the school colors assigned to them, one was white and the other green.

I sat in my car with a few minutes left before I had to go into the building to be able to get to my class on time. After finishing the chapter I was currently reading The Romance of the Forest which was once again a book plucked from what seemed to be the never-ending collection my mom had.

With the last few pages of the chapter coming to a close I left my car and headed into the school. I immediately went to the English wing of the school for my AP Literature class. The bell for the end of the first period rang when I was about halfway to my class.

"Hey, Reece! Wait up," I heard someone call from behind me. I glance over my shoulder to see who the voice belonged to. Diego jogged slightly to join me at my side. "Hi," I smiled at him. I wasn't exactly sure what to say to him yet.

Diego had been absent on Monday which left me to have the uncomfortable conversation that was about to happen today. Even though I did see him again at the party it was brief and I never said anything as to why I left him. I knew it wasn't completely my fault but I still felt bad about it.

Nothing else was said between each other until after we had sat down in the classroom. As it turned out, I didn't hate my spot in the classroom as much anymore.

The teacher started to pass back random classwork that he had graded from the past few days. So far the class was kind of light in work, but I knew it would pick up as the year went on.

"So," the brown-haired boy said from beside me, "I didn't see too much of you after you ran off at the start" He did not seem upset, more so humorous. He understood since it was my brother that pulled me away. I think Diego might be a little bit scared of Rowan if I was being honest.

I laugh slightly before saying, "Yeah I am really sorry about that. Rowan was wasted and can be pushy when he has alcohol in his system."

"I get it," he says reassuringly. We had eye contact for a few seconds. I noticed the shade of brown of his eyes was ever so slightly darker than Parker's. Diego's eyes were almost lacking something that Parker's had. Quickly glancing away from the boy in front of me. Why was I thinking about Parker's eyes out of everything? "We can always hang out at the next one. Right?"

"Yeah," I said slightly offhandedly my thoughts still lingering on my observations.

"Maybe next time we could go together, you know," Diego pauses before turning and looking directly into my eyes to prompt me to finish his thought.

"Like?" I ask dumbly. I knew what he was getting at but I wanted to hear it from him. I also wasn't sure what I would say to him.

I mean what would the harm be with having a bit of fun with a guy during my senior year?

"Together together," he stopped again to choose his words next before continuing, "A date you could call it. Nothing official, yet."

He smirked and crossed his arms over his chest while leaning back in his chair when he noticed the slight hint of a blush adorning my cheeks.