06

"Reece, right?" a masculine voice asked me. I looked up from my book to see one of the boys from RJ's friend group that I had met this morning.

I nod slightly and try to place his name. Dante? Dean? David? Declan? He kinda looks like a Declan. "You are?" I questioned in the nicest way possible, deciding to ask instead of going with one of my guesses.

"Deigo," he answers with a slightly taken aback look. "I just wanted to see you again after this morning. You were quite...memorable."

He obviously wasn't that memorable to me, but he didn't need to know that. "Oh, well that's certainly," I paused trying to think of a word to describe this situation, "thoughtful," I say, trying to keep the questioning tone out of my voice.

He chuckles a bit before starting to talk about a party at Goldmen's house on Friday. I don't know exactly who Goldmen is but I only pretended to be listening to Diego to hopefully get him to shut up at some point.

"I was hoping you would come with me." That made me freeze. It's not that he was bad-looking. His dark hair was cut short, his eyes matched the color of his hair. And once again, the uniforms make everyone more attractive.

"So?" he presses which brings me back to reality. The smirk planted on his face hadn't moved an inch since he walked up to me.

"I'm not really sure," I say, trying to convince him that I wasn't flat out rejecting him.

"Why not? It will be fun. I can show you around to my friends," he persists. He has a cocky demeanor that radiates off of him wherever he stands. Some guys can pull off the cocky attitudes but ones like him just seem like shitty people.

Placing my book on my lap, I run my hands down my face in annoyance and I let out an annoyed breath. "Look, I don't think I want to go to any parties this week." He slightly shifts closer to me making me want to back up, but I couldn't because of the couch I was sitting on.

"It will be fun. You'll enjoy it." He bends down slightly getting closer to me. Again.

"Seriously I don't want to go," I try to insist.

"Yes you do and you're going with me."

Now I was kinda getting a bit more nervous about his advancements. I haven't had a lot of experience with this kind of thing. Which is good but at the same time, I don't know how to deal with guys like him.

"You know what. Fine." That was not the right thing to say. Not even close. At least Darwin is sort of attractive. Maybe Rowan can get me out of this? I can always ditch Darcy once we get to the party.

"Perfect. We'll talk more later baby Williams," he finishes as his smirk grows wider. Finally, he shifts back and retreats to whatever hell he came from.

"Baby Williams?" I mutter to myself about the new nickname.

It's fine. After Friday I won't have to deal with him again.

Eventually, I was able to settle down from the encounter with Daniel. I hadn't realized how much my heart rate had picked up during the brief meeting. My eyes shut as I took a few calming breaths to steady my heart rate along with my breathing pattern.

A shrill sound rang through the intercom system which meant the end of the third period and the start of lunch. The way the schedule was set up there were three classes before lunch and one after. Technically there was a last-period study hall after students' fourth class for office hours with teachers. Most students opted to go home, however.

"Reece!" I hear my name being yelled from a few yards away from me. With my bag already packed, I turn to see Isla with Willow and I guy I didn't recognize. Walking over to the trio I noticed Rowan walking down a hallway with someone who appeared to be Parker.