you are my sunshine - killjoy x viper (short light angst)

PLOT : based off the song 'you are my sunshine' and one sided love
REQUESTED : nope ! but requests will open again soon, ive been getting better !!
START : january 2nd

it was supposed to be fluff but i couldn't help myself 😭

(the other night dear)

killjoy was laying in her bed, eyes closed. she had a tough day and fell asleep quickly for the first time in awhile.

(as i lay sleeping)

killjoy was getting quality sleep for the first time since she joined.

(i dreamed i held you, in my arms)

viper was hugging killjoy, face buried into her neck. killjoy was smiling, loving every moment of it.

(when i awoke dear)

killjoy's alarm bot was waking her up, 6 in the morning as usual. this made killjoy shoot up from her bed and look around.

(i was mistaken)

after a few moments killjoy realized viper wasn't in her arms and might never be.

(so i hung my head and i cried)

killjoy was tightly holding her blankets and looking down at them, her head was lowered and she buried her face into the blankets and started silently crying.

(you are my sunshine)

killjoy was doing her coffee run, making her and viper's coffee together soon bringing it to viper's lab.

(my only sunshine)

when she opened the door, there was viper as usual working already. she looked up, greeted killjoy and went straight back to work.

(you make me happy)

they had a small chat while viper was working. every little word that came out of viper's mouth gave killjoy butterflies.

(when skies are grey)

it was pouring rain outside, both killjoy and viper found the rain soothing while speaking and it just made their time together that much better.

(you'll never know dear)

killjoy was sitting on the bean bag chair viper had especially for her and started thinking.

(how much i love you)

despite all the time they spend together, how they speak everyday, how she's softened up the chemist. viper would never know about how strong the engineer's love for the chemist is.

(please don't take my sunshine away)

killjoy was fine with this though, she could see and talk to viper everyday and that was enough for her. she just didn't want to loose viper because of her feelings.

(i'll always love you)

even if she wouldn't tell viper, she'll still love and cherish her forever.

(and make you happy)

she will do her daily routine with viper, make her smile everyday, anything she can to make viper happier.

(and nothing else could come between)

she'd choose viper over her own life without any hesitation. she wants nothing more than her company and won't let anything like her feelings ruin that.

(but if you leave me, to allow another)

killjoy had this thought while sitting, if viper left her for possibly a new agent she'd be so hurt words can't describe her pain.

(you'll have shattered all my dreams)

killjoy would never be the same if that happened, nothing would be the same to her anymore. but she's sure viper wouldn't do that to her.

(you are my sunshine, my only sunshine)

killjoy started humming the song in front of viper

(you make me happy, when skies are grey)

viper looked at her but said nothing, maybe a stare of confusion or admiration. either way killjoy wouldn't know.

(you'll never know dear, how much i love you)

killjoy sang that part out loud. her eyes already told viper what she meant and she was scared of what viper what would say.

"i'm sorry maus."

those three words were all killjoy needed to know viper wasn't interested. killjoy forced a smile on herself and nodded. she quickly left the lab going back to her quarters and started sobbing. she had a broken voice but still spoke.

"so please don't take, my sunshine away."

was very light angst but i wanted to base it off a song :'D
was gonna use the song to make it all happy and fluffy but angst fit better TT

FINISH : january 2nd
WORD COUNT : 683